“Great hotel, staff are an asset, location is very pretty,overall very good value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Riviera Resort & Spa

You added The Riviera Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Riviera Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Marfa Bay, Mellieha, Island of Malta MLH02 , Malta   |
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week in December, overall the holiday was great. We had read the reviews before going and as always there were some negative comments, which during our stay we found unjustified. We stayed on all inclusive and found the food and drinks to be overall very good. There was a choice of 3 restaurants which provided variety to accommodate our tastes, if we did not fancy the menu at one, the others had something we could enjoy on offer. The bar staff are friendly particularly upstairs, 1 lady who commutes from Gozo went out of her way to ensure all guests felt welcome and important. As a couple we found the other guests were engaging which was a nice change from hotels were guests don't speak to each other. The location is very quiet as some comments suggest, however there is a regular bus service which is inexpensive and it is possible to explore the whole island using it, the ferry terminal to Gozo is within walking distance and runs till late at night. Malta is not a typical beach holiday but has beach facilities along with lots of other things to do, it is worth going to Valletta and Mdina. we had a lovely view from the balcony over Comino. The hotel itself is very comfortable and provides a pleasant environment with 2 bars, we did not feel the location was a low point we felt it was a plus! If we had to pick fault the only thing we could possibly say is that the table tennis bats the hotel provide are useless! that's it! bring your own bats! We would recommend this hotel to friends and have just booked another 2 weeks in October when we are going to try the diving centre next door.

• Liked — The indoor pool facilities and upstairs bar
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dean M, Manager at The Riviera Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Kadi,

On behalf of the management and staff of The Riviera Resort & Spa, I would like to thank you for the very nice comments left above.
It is very nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here with us and have every intention of returning back to the hotel in October.

I hope that this time round you will also find some time to make use of our spa and yes the diving centre is a must when visiting in the summer months.
I also assure you that you will find brand new table tennis rackets.

Whilst I thank you once again, we look forward to seeing you here with us in the near future.

Accommodation Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Polish first
Newbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'v been in riviera hotel 15th sep-29 sep.I really enjoyed every single day!The stafs are very friendly,foods are very tasty.The hotel's private(ola) beach is very close to hotel(3min walk)also bar on the beach.You can find programs every day,souna,gim,stearing room are very nice.You can see Comino from bar while you enjoy your nice coctail :) bus stop,bot-trip to Comino island(blue lagoon) oposite to hotel.I recomend it for everyone.Unforgetable time,hurry up to go there! :) Tamas Opauszki Newbury,England(in 2012)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dean M, Manager at The Riviera Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Tamas,

I would like to thank you for the nice comments you have left above.

It is extremely satisfying to hear that yet another guest has left The Riviera Resort & Spa fully satisfied with the services we offer.
We strive on a daily basis to always improve our service in order to always give the best to our guests.
I am really glad that you enjoyed every part of your stay, including our spa which is a true asset to our hotel.
Hola Beach is also a favourite with all of our guests. The palm trees, sun beds, cocktails and drinks are what is needed to unwind whilst on holiday and this is what Hola Beach is all about.

Whilst I thank you once again, we hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you here with us again.

Accommodations Operations Manager
Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Just enjoyed a very short stay at the Hotel. The food is good, staff service great, clean rooms, but most impressive is the way Managment went out of their way to accomodate us, going as far as choosing the appropriate room and fitting special locks on the doors for my son's safety. Only slight compaint was the fact that the room was a bit too hot, which I foundvery strange as we had the fan going full blast on cool. Everything else is great, Nothing was too much trouble, will be back!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dean M, Manager at The Riviera Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Dorriane,

I would like to thank you for the nice comments you have left above.

It is very nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here with us and I am pleased that your son did so aswell without encountering any difficulties.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you here with us in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Accomodation Operations Manager
mosta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Recently I took my staff for buffet lunch at riviera - the service offered was excellent, the staff was very co-operative and food was varied catering also for vegetarians and everyone enjoyed his own portion.
Good value for money

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
L-Iklin, null, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Last Saturday 15th December 2012, I had organized a buffet dinner dance at the Riviera Hotel, I can say that I was so impressed by the staff they were so friendly, the food was excellent, The Food and Beverage Manager Mr.Vince Curmi is a very nice person which everyone really like to deal with, everyone was so satisfied with the nice environment and the amazing staff.
For sure I will go there in near future for me it's a recommendable place.

Maris Azzopardi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We enjoyed our stay with the riveria resort and spa hotel, the room we stayed in was clean and i was impressed at the daily cleaning from the housekeeping staff. The lift made a strange noise but we got used to it.I was concerned about the cats as I am allergic to them,but they were no problem at all as they did not come into the hotel. The food was nice, although unfortunately there was limited choice for vegetarians, It would be nice to of had some meat alternatives besides fish in the main meal section. If you are vege I would suggest informing the staff of this before your visit. Some of the food was quite salty for me but this may be due to personal taste. The dinning hall staff were very helpful and always able to help. The deserts were very tasty. This hotel is in a very quiet location with no shops nearby but there is a good bus service which was very helpful.

Room Tip: I would suggest a pool view or sea view, I think the back of the hotel is too noisy as the road is t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dean M, Manager at The Riviera Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Claire,

I would like to thank you for the nice comments you have left above.
It is extremely satisfying to hear that yet another guest has left The Riviera Resort & Spa happy with the level of service we offer.

With regards to the vegetarian option, we kindly ask our future guests to advise us of this prior to arrival so that our team of chefs will be able to prepare something special for them.

Whilst I thank you again, I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you here with us in the near future.

Accomodation Operations Manager
Kent, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just back from a week at the Riviera, not a 4 star but 3 star for sure...do not let that put you off, its a lovely relaxing place to stay. Not the most exciting meals but plenty of choice and even the fussiest would not starve....does not serve up chicken nuggets and chips so if this is what you are looking for you will be disappointed but great salad choices at both lunch and dinner and always a fish course and meat, pasta and potato and veg options. The desserts were quite often delicious and the cause of my weight gain! The spa treatments we had were fabulous and reasonably priced. The staff everywhere in the hotel were friendly and helpful. The bus stop just outside the hotel was great and a 7 day unlimited bus travel ticket at 12 euros (available from the hotel lobby shop) took us all over the beautiful island...do visit the Blue Grotto, worth the 3 buses to get there and the main city of Valetta for shopping. Warning the hotel is remote and there are no shops nearby but the buses are so regular and get you everywhere it is no problem. We had a great stay and people we spoke to all felt the same way. Room was cleaned daily and fresh towels if you wanted them. And as for the cats they did not come in to the hotel at all and were no problem whatsoever.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dean M, Manager at The Riviera Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Candice,

I would like to start off by thanking you for the time taken to write the above post.
It is very nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here with us. This for us is very important since our main aim is to achieve 100% guest satisfaction.

I would like to ensure everyone that the hotel is a 4 STAR all inclusive Resort and with plans to achieve greater things in the near future.

I am glad you enjoyed the location of the hotel and also the variety of dishes offered on a daily basis by our team of chefs.
Our Spa is one of the many services the hotel offers that we can boast about. Everyone who visits our Spa, goes over and over again to try the vast selection of massages and treatments available.

I would like to also thank you for the nice comments you have left on our staff. They work very hard on a daily basis in order to offer our esteemed guests the best possible service.

Whilst I thank you once again, we hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you here with us in the near future.

Kind Regards

Accomodations Operations Manager

Been to The Riviera Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!