I have stayed in this hotel between 21st and 25th of May. I expected much more for a 4* hotel, even if the room is economy. Be aware if you are choosing a South Wing room, because the quality of these rooms is inferior. I have only noticed this when I got there. The room was a twin bed and smoker's room. We have complained to the reception, but they didn't even offer us the option to upgrade... They promised to put the two beds together as a double bed, but it never happened. TV doesn't work at all and it is a old one. Hotel staff didn't provide any help when asking for things to do in Gozo, because we got some bad weather and beach was not an option.
The hotel breakfast is OK and the dinner was good (the meat and pasta dishes). Drinks have to be payed separately, but in cash... can't add to your room account... this was not nice. However, you can bring your own wine and that is what we did. The room was cleaned everyday, but soap was not added. We have found a cockroach in the room on the last day (we have pictures to show).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Beautifully situated overlooking the picturesque sister Islands of Gozo & Comino with its own private sandy beach, ideal for all ages." This very popular, spacious, comfortable and well-run family hotel has a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean making it ideal for a leisurely holiday in the sun. English is widely spoken throughout the hotel by the staff. The Resort is situated in a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean. The standard fittings for all bedrooms are of air-conditioning, television + radio, direct dial telephone, trouser press with iron and ironing board, mini bar (stocked on request), hairdryer, ceiling fan, safe (local charge) and en-suite bathroom. Some bedrooms are large enough to accommodate 4 persons. We also offer rooms with facilities for the physically challenged and the hotel is fully accessible with ramps and lifts to all public areas. A small ferry harbour to Gozo is situated a short distance away from the hotel and a regular public bus service operates to the main towns of Sliema and Valletta stopping at en-route towns and villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Hotel Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Hotel Malta
- Paradise Bay Malta
- Paradise Bay Resort Hotel Malta/Mellieha