We stayed for one week at this hotel in september 2012. At the northern end of Malta, the location is some distance away from main tourist places but easily accessible by the regular bus service which passes the front of the hotel and will take you all over the island ...via different routes.
Best rooms are higher up ( floors 3-4) The 'bay views' overlook paradise bay and are prettier. The 'sea views' overlook the road and the ferry terminal, interesting for people watching! The staff are friendly and the hotel is good value for the money.( Expect to pay 5* prices if you want 5* hotels!!! )
Their are no night clubs or shops nearby, but the hotel has a big shop with any bits and bobs you have forgotton or need. To be honest, after travelling and sight seeing all day, the evening meal, a quick night cap and we were ready for bed!
They have a good chioce of swimming pools (salt water) but their only piece of beach overlooks the ferry and is not that nice. Having said that, there is a good beach a short ride away, the other side of paradise bay. We opted for HB and all meals were good choice and well cooked. Do avoid peak meal times however as the usual 'free for all' is a bit of a battle!
We hired a car and, provided you are a 'bold' driver, this is the best way to see everything. Invest in a good map.( Road signs are a little confusing and Maltese drivers are just plain scary!!!)
Eating out is cheap and easy on Malta, as there are a huge choice of restaurants. Almost everyone speaks English. Even a week was not enough to see everything.
Malta is a lovely place to visit, especially if you like history.
But if you want to 'party' .....stick to the seaside towns nearer to Valletta or Benidorm!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Beautifully situated overlooking the picturesque sister Islands of Gozo & Comino with its own private sandy beach, ideal for all ages." This very popular, spacious, comfortable and well-run family hotel has a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean making it ideal for a leisurely holiday in the sun. English is widely spoken throughout the hotel by the staff. The Resort is situated in a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean. The standard fittings for all bedrooms are of air-conditioning, television + radio, direct dial telephone, trouser press with iron and ironing board, mini bar (stocked on request), hairdryer, ceiling fan, safe (local charge) and en-suite bathroom. Some bedrooms are large enough to accommodate 4 persons. We also offer rooms with facilities for the physically challenged and the hotel is fully accessible with ramps and lifts to all public areas. A small ferry harbour to Gozo is situated a short distance away from the hotel and a regular public bus service operates to the main towns of Sliema and Valletta stopping at en-route towns and villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Hotel Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Hotel Malta
- Paradise Bay Malta
- Paradise Bay Resort Hotel Malta/Mellieha