Having read many reviews prior to trip I was a little apprehensive as to what the accomadation would be like.
On arrival i'm pleased to say we were plesantly surprised. We booked a superior studio apartment which was situated in the newer wing on the 3rd Floor, our balcony although on the side of the road gave us a very pretty view of the countryside and the magestic church on the hill and wasn't too noisy with traffic.
We had booked self- catering so only tried the complex food on arrival as it was lunch time but what we had was lovely. The roof top pool was fabulous, very peaceful and pretty munch adults only until after the kids pool closed at 5.30pm.
Lovely location, 4 mins walk to great beach. Great eating places really near by catering for all tastes. ( we tried several maltese dishes including the spagetti with rabbit sauce... yum!)
Accomadation was good, very clean.
Pillows on beds were a bit dodgie when we arrived but housekeeping quickly changed them with no fuss, bathroom was good size, shower a bit low down so had to sit in bath to use but plenty of hot water.
Bathroom did flood a couple of times but think that was user error as only ever happened when mad friend was in there...lol
Amazing scuba and you must try the psychotic buses!! oooh and watch out for the jelly fish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Holiday Complex located in Mellieha Malta, is rated one of the best three star apart-hotels in Malta.DescriptionWhy Choose To Stay with us?The Luna Holiday Complex is situated in the heart of the north west of the Island in the town of Mellieha. Whilst this is a thriving tourist resort it still maintains it’s authentic Maltese charm by not being overly commercial. There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants in the town to suit all tastes and budgets.Mellieha is well situated with direct bus services to the majority of the island including: the Airport, the Capital City of Valletta and the ferry terminals to Gozo and Comino.The Luna is located less than 300 metres from the best and longest beach in Malta, ‘Mellieha Bay’ and is only 15 minutes walk from the famous ‘Popeye Village’.At the Luna Holiday Complex we pride ourselves on giving a 4 star service at a 3 star price. We have a fantastic family of staff, speaking many different languages all ready and willing to give that little bit extra to ensure your holiday is one to remember.Within the Complex we have much to shout about. Once you’ve been welcomed by our staff on arrival the complex is yours to explore. We have a 24-hour reception with a great, informative team who can give you the best advice on tours and places to visit whilst in Malta. All tours can be booked directly through our reception staff. We also have free Wi-Fi and an Internet café in the reception area.We have two fantastic pools. The ground floor family pool is superbly located next to the main bar and the games room whilst our roof top pool has fabulous views of the Mellieha coastline, Red Tower and Mellieha church which is a must for relaxation and enjoying both the Maltese sunshine and sunset!There are three bars on site, with one open from 10am until 1am, which includes entertainment multiple nights a week from local artists. Our main restaurant is ‘Al Fresco’ (weather permitting) serving a great variety of food to suit all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, AvailPro, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and HostelBookers so you can book your Luna Holiday Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Holiday Complex Mellieha
- Luna Hotel Malta
- Luna Holiday Complex Hotel Mellieha
- Luna Holiday Complex Malta/Mellieha