We stayed a week at Luna and as a whole would thoroughly recommend it. We had room 5301 which is one of the newly done ones, though we had to pay £230 to upgrade as the 'superior' we originally paid for certainly wasn't that. I believe it was £156 on the Thomas cook website so if you can afford that little extra it is most definitely worth it.
The hotel shop was stocked with everything you could possibly need, and unless you're one of these 'travellers' that go on holiday but only eat foods and brands from home it was very well priced.
It's a very long steep walk up a hill to the main restaurants but a whole weeks ticket on the bus is just €6.50 and in the whole week we only ever had to wait more than 20 mins on a bus once. The beach is a 3 min walk down the hill though, and there's two restaurants there...I'd recommend Maya but steer clear of Mexico, it looks nice but the food is definitely not.
Our towels were changed every other day and a big clean done once.
We filled every day from dawn till dusk so on our one chill out day we rented the movie box from reception, it's a €25 deposit and a €6 charge and although it's got a great s,election of movies, there's a channel on TV that constantly shows good films so I don't think it's worth it.
The wifi in the lobby is hit or miss but fast when you get it, though at night especially now as it's World Cup time it fills up quickly as the TV is always on.
The snacks from the bar are lovely and very very well priced.
Despite it's size, you could always get a free subbed if you wanted and the pools were never full, they aren't chlorine though it's a salt cleaner they use so be sure you don't swallow any of it...it's not enjoyable!
We had a lovely teenage boy who played the bagpipes with his scout team show us to the room and set up the air con, and we never got to thank him.
My only complaint about the hotel really is definitely the rooms,I don't know why they haven't started to modernise all the rooms to the same standard as ours was, as as it stands, they have a cheek to call the superior rooms as such and I dread to think what the step down was like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Holiday Complex located in Mellieha Malta, is rated one of the best three star apart-hotels in Malta.DescriptionWhy Choose To Stay with us?The Luna Holiday Complex is situated in the heart of the north west of the Island in the town of Mellieha. Whilst this is a thriving tourist resort it still maintains it’s authentic Maltese charm by not being overly commercial. There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants in the town to suit all tastes and budgets.Mellieha is well situated with direct bus services to the majority of the island including: the Airport, the Capital City of Valletta and the ferry terminals to Gozo and Comino.The Luna is located less than 300 metres from the best and longest beach in Malta, ‘Mellieha Bay’ and is only 15 minutes walk from the famous ‘Popeye Village’.At the Luna Holiday Complex we pride ourselves on giving a 4 star service at a 3 star price. We have a fantastic family of staff, speaking many different languages all ready and willing to give that little bit extra to ensure your holiday is one to remember.Within the Complex we have much to shout about. Once you’ve been welcomed by our staff on arrival the complex is yours to explore. We have a 24-hour reception with a great, informative team who can give you the best advice on tours and places to visit whilst in Malta. All tours can be booked directly through our reception staff. We also have free Wi-Fi and an Internet café in the reception area.We have two fantastic pools. The ground floor family pool is superbly located next to the main bar and the games room whilst our roof top pool has fabulous views of the Mellieha coastline, Red Tower and Mellieha church which is a must for relaxation and enjoying both the Maltese sunshine and sunset!There are three bars on site, with one open from 10am until 1am, which includes entertainment multiple nights a week from local artists. Our main restaurant is ‘Al Fresco’ (weather permitting) serving a great variety of food to suit all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and HostelBookers so you can book your Luna Holiday Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Holiday Complex Mellieha
- Luna Hotel Malta
- Luna Holiday Complex Hotel Mellieha
- Luna Holiday Complex Malta/Mellieha