I haven't been to many hotels because I am only 18 but I can say without hesitation, that Luna Holiday Complex is a great hotel. It was my second time travelling abroad by myself with my friends (age 20 to 25) but I had no major problems at all. I am deaf so it makes communicating a step more difficult for me but I found all the staff very friendly and helpful. They were happy to go the extra mile and answer my questions about places and bus numbers etc.
The lounge area is very big and modern but I did always wonder why so many people sat there instead of outside then I realised it was because of free wifi!! There's always staff at the reception 24/7 which is brilliant and the internet cafe next to is good. A little pricey but does the job if you need to look up where you want to go next or catch up on Facebook etc. I was put on the 4th floor in the front which was amazing. The view from the balcony was incredible. I loved waking up every day and opening the curtains to a lovely view! I read on here that some people complained about the noise from outside when sleeping but because I'm deaf, I obviously never had this problem!
The room was big with two single beds pushed together but good for us because we are all friends so the bed was pulled out and placed opposite each other. The table and chairs were put outside the balcony by us so we had our meals and card games outside in the nice air and giving us more room to walk around inside. The fridge was small and wouldn't shut in the second week I was there so we pushed the bin against it to shut it. The oven is small but did the job until it opened suddenly when cooking some small food. We tied a towel round to shut it. Seeing as we were close to finishing our holiday, I didn't see the point in telling the reception but I wrote a letter for the room attendants stating the problems in case they had more guests in the same room. I also thanked them for the great work they did. The note was gone when I came back when they cleaned so I presume it was read. Additionally, they make your bed every other day and supply you with fresh towels so that was nice. Me and my sister had the little adjoining room which was cosy and warm. We didn't need air con as we had a fan to keep us cool. The beds were comfy but the pillows weren't that comfy and the sheets don't tuck in so I woke up practically every day with the sheets all strewn up and basically sleeping on the mattress. However, they are the only minor problems I've had. I was very happy as everything else was perfect.
The hotel is perfectly situated in Mellieha with easy access to anywhere. I went to St Julians and Valetta via buses with cheap fares- amazing experiences! There is a mini market right in the back of the hotel and a bar called Don Tomino which supply drinks and food. We hung there most nights which was cool. Rocco was very friendly and welcoming. Moreover, The rooftop pool was very fun and a perfect place to swim and sunbathe!
Overall, I would recommend you to go to this hotel- I would definitely come back again. I really did have the best time of my life and the hotel greatly contributed to it. I felt very comfortable and at home straight away.
(Stayed 20th Sept- 4th Oct 2013)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Holiday Complex located in Mellieha Malta, is rated one of the best three star apart-hotels in Malta.DescriptionWhy Choose To Stay with us?The Luna Holiday Complex is situated in the heart of the north west of the Island in the town of Mellieha. Whilst this is a thriving tourist resort it still maintains it’s authentic Maltese charm by not being overly commercial. There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants in the town to suit all tastes and budgets.Mellieha is well situated with direct bus services to the majority of the island including: the Airport, the Capital City of Valletta and the ferry terminals to Gozo and Comino.The Luna is located less than 300 metres from the best and longest beach in Malta, ‘Mellieha Bay’ and is only 15 minutes walk from the famous ‘Popeye Village’.At the Luna Holiday Complex we pride ourselves on giving a 4 star service at a 3 star price. We have a fantastic family of staff, speaking many different languages all ready and willing to give that little bit extra to ensure your holiday is one to remember.Within the Complex we have much to shout about. Once you’ve been welcomed by our staff on arrival the complex is yours to explore. We have a 24-hour reception with a great, informative team who can give you the best advice on tours and places to visit whilst in Malta. All tours can be booked directly through our reception staff. We also have free Wi-Fi and an Internet café in the reception area.We have two fantastic pools. The ground floor family pool is superbly located next to the main bar and the games room whilst our roof top pool has fabulous views of the Mellieha coastline, Red Tower and Mellieha church which is a must for relaxation and enjoying both the Maltese sunshine and sunset!There are three bars on site, with one open from 10am until 1am, which includes entertainment multiple nights a week from local artists. Our main restaurant is ‘Al Fresco’ (weather permitting) serving a great variety of food to suit all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, AvailPro, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and HostelBookers so you can book your Luna Holiday Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Holiday Complex Mellieha
- Luna Hotel Malta
- Luna Holiday Complex Hotel Mellieha
- Luna Holiday Complex Malta/Mellieha