“Will be returning!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
London, United Kingdom
“Will be returning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My partner and I had the most wonderful 10 night stay here at Luna Holiday Complex. Our room was HUGE, clean, very well air conditioned, and had everything we needed. The balcony was facing another wall of the complex but only needed it to air dry clothes and wet towels. Both pools are fantastic and the location is amazing. Close to everything you need. The hill up to town is quite steep but buses are very cheap. We recommend not listening to the tourist info lady about Blue Lagoon - just take the bus straight to the ferry and grab a boat for 10 euros to the lagoon. Excellent!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kyleborg, Manager at Luna Holiday Complex, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Good Afternoon!

Thank you very much for your positive review! I am extremely pleased to read that you were extremely satisfied with our service!!! Glad you had a wonderful time!
Do drop me an email if you wish to stay with us again!

Warm regards

kyle@lhcmalta.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brno, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

For me and my boyfriend, Hotel Luna was a very pleasant surprise as we decided for a low-cost holiday in Malta. The hotel had everything we needed, the room was cleaned on a daily basis, kitchenette had everything what we needed and the staff was really kind and welcoming. In my opinion, the hotel has perfect location in Malta, close to the biggest beach, close to ferry, close to Mellieha center and a bus stop is right in front of the hotel for taking trips. There was also a small supermarket in the hotel and also few outside of it. The best thing was going to great restaurants for saved money :) I can only recommend this hotel and next time in Malta, we will definitely return there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Lucia

I am very happy to read that you had an amazing time here at Luna, and that you will definitely return to stay with us the next time you are in Malta.

Thank you very much for writing your review, do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to come back to stay with us!

warm regards from Malta

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

After reading the reviews for Luna, myself and my partner were unsure what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised on our arrival at Luna. We arrived before check-in, so we were able to put our luggage into a locked room. This enabled us to go and check out the are and explore nearby.

All staff at the hotel were very polite and extremely helpful.

We had a S/C room with a sea view (which was lovely) The room had everything we needed, however we thought the kitchen area was slightly on the small side. But it did the 2 of us.

Our room was cleaned every couple days and we also had our bedding and towels changed frequently. Very impressed. The shower was powerful and plenty of hot water.

The only real downside we found to the hotel was the bar food. We ordered from here a couple times around the pool and found the food to be slightly greasy and once undercooked. We ate at the buffet for the Chinese Night which was fine and also the breakfast.

The hotel is located very close to the beach which is perfect. Our favourite place to eat was 'The Last Paradise' Restaurant! You must check this place out! Their menu is huge and their food is the best I've tasted in a long time. Try their Steak!!!

I have given the hotel a 4/5 because the place is fantastic! It is reasonably price, lovely location and friendly staff.

We visited the whole of Malta in our 10 days and we wouldn't have stayed in any other town or hotel. Luna and Mellieha are the place to be.

From 2 very happy customers

Room Tip: We stayed in the s/c double room with a sea view. It was beautiful, however we didn't get much...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon!

Thank you very much for your detailed review! I am very happy to read that you were extremely happy with our service! We all do our best to make sure everyone has a great time!

I will look into the lunch menu with the Chef and discuss what can be improved :-) thanks for your comment on this. I am glad that you would not hesitate to return to Luna. Please do drop me an email when you are thinking of returning so that I can help you organise your accommodation.

Warm regards from all of us!

Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We returned from Luna today - could have happily stayed a few more weeks. We stayed last year with family (8 of us in total) and this year it was just my son and I. Having liked the facebook page, I had made contact with Luna before we arrived. But I can honestly say that returning to Luna for a second year, we were made to feel like we had never left, almost like family. The staff are fantastic, nothing is ever too much trouble for them. My son and I have been holidaying alone since he was small but I felt confident that if he was worried after having a typical 11 year old wander...that he knew where I was but more importantly he felt happy that he could approach any member of the staff team who would make him feel safe....one week wasnt enough for us....just because we had so much fun, a pool where my son could happily play all day, decent food and fantastic service - dont think anyone could ask for more. Our room was clean and more importantly, I had the time to relax and enjoy our holiday, without worries. Would honestly recommend this to anyone - friends of mine stayed a few days after me.....cant wait to go back :)

Room Tip: No children's activities....but lots to do around the area - fab beach a stone's throw away.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi There!

It was great having you back with us at Luna.... I am glad that you, for the second year in a row, decided to stay with us again, and even happier that you really enjoyed your time!

Thanks for taking the time to write your review! Looking forward to seeing you again, Do not hesitate to drop an email to help you organise your next holiday! Say hi to the little one for me.

Warm regards from the whole team.

Lydney, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Have just arrived home after two weeks at the Luna. Staff are very friendly and helpful and everywhere is very clean. Room was basic and a bit worn in places but everything worked and it was cleaned every 4 days with fresh towels every other day. We stayed as self catering and the mini market on site had all we needed for breakfasts & lunches. We dined out most evenings, there are plenty of restaurants just down the road or you can go into Mellieha by bus. Only criticism is the noise from 7.30 every morning. We stayed in room 4305 and we were awoken every morning by slamming doors and rattling cutlery and plates, we almost got used to it by the end of our stay but it was annoying for the first few mornings. Room with a sea view recommended, we didn't get the sun at all which meant the room was cooler. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 4305 was good, choose one with a sea view to avoid sun. The rooms at the back have views of the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon Jacqui,

Thank you very much for the lovely review! I am truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and would not hesitate to return in the future.

I am glad that you found us to be value for the money you spent.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to plan your next visit to Luna.

Warm regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a two week stay at Luna Holiday Complex with my fiancé & his family. This is somewhere he & his mum have been before - but it was my first time.

On arrival we were greeted at reception by Gabrielle. We were earlier than the check in time, but Gabrielle advised we could store our luggage in their locked luggage room, and then if we wanted to go out and come back later we could, or we could pop for some lunch in the bar area. We opted for the latter, where we had a lovely lunch and a nice cool drink.
Later on when we went to get properly checked in, Gabrielle advised our rooms were still not ready due to how busy the maids were. She offered to transfer us to one of the newly refurbished apartments in block 5. She kindly arranged for someone to show us the apartment before commiting to the room. However, we went - and loved it, and accepted this.
We met Trevor the manager at reception who confirmed this superior room was at no extra charge, and he apologised for the delay. Between him & Gabrielle this was just a snippet of the kindness we encountered.

The new rooms are beautiful. The only downside to that block is the lack of elevator. There's just no room for one though. The top floor was a stretch especially on hot days! Perhaps just a cue for me to get fitter of course! :)

Everyone we encounted at the Luna were wonderfully helpful. Particularly Sinead in the twilight zone restaurant. Nothing was too much trouble, and she always had a smile on her face, which was wonderful to see. The food in the restaurant was good standard and reasonable. They do great value buffet meals, worth havin a look to ensure there are dishes to suit you before commiting though, I made that error once and because of my fussiness there wasnt much to my taste. That was my fault though, as everyone else in my group enjoyed their meals!

The Don Tonino bar was reasonably priced also - some fabulous cocktails! They also do a happy hour - I was sensible enough not to take advantage of that though! The cosmopolitans were my favourite, Jan made the best ones!! Probably because he was kind enough not to laugh at me spilling it trying to carry it to my table :)

My fiancé and I are getting married next year and are hoping to return to Malta for our honeymoon - hoping to be able to
Stay in the penthouse suite at the hotel! If the new upgraded rooms are anything to go by then this suite will be really something special!

Thank you to all at the Luna for making our holiday even better than we could have hoped for xx

• Stayed June 2013
Kyleborg, Manager at Luna Holiday Complex, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hi Debbie!

Glad to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to coming back!

thank you very much for your lovely and detailed review, I am glad you decided to share your comments with everyone.

Sinead, Trevor and Gabriel send their regards, they enjoyed reading your review!
Do drop me a mail with regard to the Penthouse next year.... make sure you do that quite early as it gets booked up very quickly, many couples stay in it as with its private veranda its a perfect setting!

thank you once again!
warm regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a ten day stay at the Luna. My husband and I have been married 25 years and this was a first holiday without our children in 23 years. It was lovely-the setting is ideal a mere 5 minute walk from the beach. With plenty of places to eat and drink. A 5 minute bus ride into Mellia town with buses running regularly. Staff were lovely especially Jacky in the breakfast restaurant (We stayed bed and breakfast). Good value for money. The roof top pool is lovely with a lovely view of the sea. Our room was cleaned - with clean towels and bedding every other day. Malta is a beautiful place and The Luna provides an excellent base to see all of Malta's sights. We recommend The Blue waters for a lovely meal, exceptional value for money and good if you want a change from the hotel. A visit to Gozo is a must. Selima is good for shopping and Valletta is the place to go for culture. Needless to say we will be back.

• Stayed May 2013
Hello Debbie,

Thank you very much for your review! Jacky was trilled that you mentioned her in your review! I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your holiday and look forward to welcoming you here again in the future!

Do drop me an email if you wish us to help you organise your accommodation on your next visit.

warmest regards from all of us!

kyle@lhcmalta.com

Been to Luna Holiday Complex? Share your experiences!