“Salty Pasta” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Al ponte Bistro & Pizzeria

Al ponte Bistro & Pizzeria
Maritim Antonine Hotel & Spa Mellieha Northern Malta | George Borg Olivier Str., Mellieha, Island of Malta MLH 1021, Malta
+356 2289 2745
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 82 Restaurants in Mellieha
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: This celebrated a la carte restaurant is an authentic Maltese bistro under a rustic vault ceiling with a beautiful terrace; the latter being filled with flawlessly presented tables all year round for the enjoyment of a sumptuous al fresco meal. Al Ponte is renowned, particularly among local guests, for its delicious Mediterranean food and selection of local and foreign wines. Feast on a scrumptious pizza, fresh from Al Ponte's stone oven, after watching the progress of your mouth-watering meal in the bistro's open kitchen. In the late morning, the bistro acts as a cafeteria, and later on serves lunch and also dinner. Cakes and coffees are continuously available. Al Ponte Pizzeria and Bistro is one of the Restaurants at the MARITIM Antonine Hotel & Spa.
Vancouver, Canada
“Salty Pasta”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Located at a busy corner on Mellieha's main road the place has plenty of seats outside, the food, however, is only average. My wife had a salmon pasta, which had not much taste other than that it was very salty. I had a chicken burger, ok but nothing special. Overall an average place to eat.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Malta
“Lovely view from the terrace!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Al ponte has a great atmosphere with an incredible view. I've tried their pizza and it was really good. We enjoyed sitting on the terrace, drinking beer, while watching the TV. The dough of the pizza is really good and the last thing you eat will be the crust. It was a superb meal with no disappointments at all!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“a good place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had good food the 3 times we ate here. Dishes from the specials menu impressed us most. Wine and drinks good, staff were friendly and accommodating.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Total waste of money.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I got the burrito calzone which was cold inside and just horrible, really disappointing. My mum got a cold cappuccino. Staff were not at all customer focused

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Island of Malta, Malta
“Certificate of excellence what??!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I went to eat there on a Saturday evening. As we sat down we were given the menus. By the look of it, it seemed to offer good food but it was only a thought. After sitting down for twenty minutes my husband had to call a waitress to see if she was going to take our orders. Finally a waitress came. Another twenty five minutes the drinks FINALLY came. (We were seeing the beer we ordered on the bar inside but they weren't given to us.) The food came after half an hour after the drinks. We saw other customers who started complaining about their late food. When the food came at last I saw my pizza that I had ordered and I was going to scream..... a quarter of an egg divided into three pieces, half an artichoke divided into four pieces, mozzarella and three slices of salami!!! And, by the way, the way they were put on the pizza was as if the chef threw from a long distance. The taste was not good too. Infact I didn't eat it half of it. I am very sure there are other restaurants much better than this in Mellieha.

Visited September 2013