“Great food, massive platefuls” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
“Great food, massive platefuls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Great food and great taste, we went on two occasions and both times the food was excellent , the mixed grill has plenty of different meats and you don't need a starter if ordering the mixed grill, my wife had the 16 euro set meal which was excellent value for a 3 course meal

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Always the best meal of the holiday at the A La Carte. Service is excellent and the food is fantastic and great portion size which is unusual for fine dining. My wife and I had the shared the Asian platter for starters which was beautiful. I always have the Beef Stroganoff served with rice and my wife had a Chicken dish also served with rice and we were served vegetables chips and roast potatoes, not forgetting the local Maltese bread!! The food was out of this world but we just could not eat it all. We also had the pleasure of popping out to the balcony for a fresh air break between courses, the views are amazing. The owner / chef Silvio joined us for a chat on the balcony after service and was very charming and funny as was Mario. Definetely will eat here again but may have to skip the starters or not eat for two days before I go!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent but slow dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food. Lovely free appetisers - which are large enough to be a starter! We all regretted having a starter after that as none of us could finish our mains. But the good news is that you have take home your left overs. Octopus salad was excellent as was the veal

Helpful and friendly waiters.

But the night was not perfect - service was just too slow. Took 45 mins to get our starters and another 30 mins for mains. We were almost too tired to eat by then.

I would return but eat earlier!

Visited August 2014
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Went here on the 03/08/14 with my wife to the restaurant upstairs and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had pasta and my wife had steak. She said the steak was fantastic and perfectly cooked. Likewise my pasta dish was great. Portion sizes are big & we could not eat everything. We sat on the balcony which gave a good view watching the world go by (crazy Malta driving) The service and food is excellent and would definitely recommend & go again.

Visited August 2014
Malta
“The best place in Malta !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have been having lunch and Dinner at Cross Keys Restaurant since I was A kid With My Father. I go to different places for lunch but If I can choose the Best one from all the best is for sure Cross keys ! The dishes are all freshly made and besides that it is a family run restaurant always there to serve the customer with the best service ! When I go there sure I do not skip a Fillet Steak or a Chataubriand fillet prepared by the 5 star chef Silvio and Mario ! Well Done and Keep it up ! See You soon there ! Thks !

• Visited August 2014