“Petit Georgous, but your excitement until you taste the food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 83 Restaurants in Mellieha
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Petit Georgous, but your excitement until you taste the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

A Tuna Steak with Coffee Beans. Their fantastic roasted potatos.

<< Absolutely Best Roasted Potatoes >>
... this was supposed to be the last paragraph, thus, numbered as [5]. But my review so long, I brought it up here. ...

[5] Potatoes Oven Roasted (?). Potatoes is something I'm not very keep about. But it's a different story here. They are absolutely gorgeous. They are FANTASTIC! The food I had here is really good. But the roasted potatoes knocked me out of my socks. I have never tasted that good. I was SO IMPRESSED. This left me such an impression. BEST POTATOES I HAVE EVER EATEN IN MY LIFE! Something so simple yet make it taste so good is a great artistry and talent.

Please continue to read the rest.

<< Don't Get Deceived by a First Glance >>

When I arrived, I had no expectation. A simple street corner restaurant. Yes, it's Malta, everything looks kind of stoney, and oldish, and small. Go inside, it's smallish, cosy,,,, yes, like in Malta. It looks a little tight, a little darkish. At the entrance is a bar. Well, it's also small. It looks more like a reception counter than a bar. But but but ,,,, greatness is in food.

<< Being Waited, but Don't Get Fooled by a First Impression >>

A very short haired man of 50ish came. A younger man with dark hair, with glasses came. They didn't look particularly friendly. But when choosing dishes and recommendation, it was superb, spot on. [I saw comments here that service was not good or friendly. My observation is that they were certainly not ever smiling nor charmeur, but more reserved. I don't mean 'formal', I mean 'reserved'. So don't get fooled. Smile comes comes with tasting the food.

<< Menus, Food and Wine >>

Menus and offers? I didn't look into the menu cards. I can't tell. Instead I listened. A waiter showed a big blackbird, lots scribbles on it. I didn't look at. But he was explaining, telling what they are, what he may recommend; in great details. Being explained what they are, how they are cooked, what kind of locality, how it taste. They provided me a pleasure to my taste buds as well as to my brain.

<< Taste >>

I had [1] a fish soup (stone fish soup). My wife had [2] asparagus. Both of them were good. For main, she had [3] veil and I had again fish. Both of them are again good.

<< A Tuna Steak with Coffee Beans >>

Or friends ordered, but I sampled. WOW, Wow, wow! Not only unique but also a joy to my palate. Superb! [*] In Malta, they have tuna farms. I didn't know until I got there.

[6] then, had lemon cheese cake. Good. Then, we had a Maltese digestive.

P.S. I didn't know this first but later found out that, the accompanying couple, the husband is a son of the restaurant owner. The owner is his mother, and runs by his brother.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tamworth
“Fantastic surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Really nice romantic meal. Wine, food and service superb. The specials board is extensive and we could of chosen so many. We will definitely be going back.

• Visited August 2014
Bucharest, Romania
“Very good surprise :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We went there randomly. And we were not disappointed. I was surprise to discover an alternative menu, offering a wide range of fish and seafood. I took a coffee steamed tuna - something very unusual and though very good and tasty. It was one of the best experiences we had in Malta, from food to service.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very poor service, warm wine.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I had booked a table here whilst on holiday here in Malta last week. We were taken to our table which was upstairs, which turned out to be very stifling. The air conditioning wasn't coming out cool so had to open a window. We given our menus and offered drinks. We had ordered a bottle of prosecco which wasnt chilled and was in fact warm and so was the water. In the meantime we were seated for 30mins and hadn't even seen the specials, and also didn't see our waiter in that time also. My husband went downstairs to see if anyone was about and complained, we didnt buy the wine or the water, the waiter did offer to change our wine but said not to bother. We left the restaurant still hungry as our order was never taken.

Valletta, Malta
“Never disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The only restaurant I've been to that is yet to disappoint me! Excellent food, service and ambience.

• Visited February 2014