“Try the leg of lamb a must” 4 of 5 stars

Calle Juan, 38650 Arona, Tenerife, Spain
+34 922791714
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 191 Restaurants in Arona
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Bedworth Warwickshire
“Try the leg of lamb a must”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Lost count of our visits to this place and never had a bad meal

Visited June 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Nicest food in Los Cristianos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Most of the restaurants in Los Cristianos not surprisingly cater for the lowest common food denominator. La Fortuna is quite different in this respect.
This is a Slovakian owned restaurant, and I can't comment it it's typical Slovakian fare, as I've never been. What I can say is that is it very reminiscent of an Eastern European restaurant in that if you're a vegetarian I'd suggest you skip it. That may be unfair, as I have neither tried nor looked for vegetarian options, but meat dominates the menu.
I've been here a few times now, and have never had a bad meal. The quality is good and the portions are very generous. That ticks most of my restaurant requirements.
I'd especially recommend the half leg of lamb, but only order this is you have a big appetite.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sunderland
“Nice food, good atmostphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

A nice place to eat, plenty of choice and food was tastey, hot and well prepared.
Lasagne and calzone was our choice and very nice it was to.

• Visited April 2012
Rugby
“Best Restaurant in Los Cristianos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

My wife and I have been visiting here for more than twenty years and as expected we always receive a warm welcome from the staff and owner who treat us like old friends. It is true to say that we have tried everything on the menu, but my favourites are the half roast leg of lamb and the fillet steak. The lamb is so tender it literally falls off the bone and can be ordered with fresh cauliflower and carrots grown on the owners farm or red cabbage. There is a choice of potatoes to accompany every meal but with the lamb I always go for the roast potatoes/onions and mint sauce. The quality is fantastic and the portions are huge. Unless you have an enormous appetite, do not order a starter otherwise some of your main course will be going home with you in a doggy bag!!

• Visited April 2012
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Best Steak & Lamb Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I've been going to Fortuna's for over 15 years & recently took my partner there & he loves it too. The fillet steak melts in your mouth & the leg of lamb is fantastic. Service is excellent & good prices too, everything you could want in a good restaurant!

• Visited February 2012