“Had a brilliant time!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Adventure
London, United Kingdom
“Had a brilliant time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went on the 4 hour Teide tour. The scenery was breathtaking and we felt very fortunate to be able to take it all in. We really enjoyed the off road part, be warned you get absolutely covered in dust, but its really good fun. The road driving part was no problem, just follow the people in front of you, there is no real danger so don't worry about that. The tour guide/instructor was really helpful and friendly and he took some great pictures and videos, which you can choose to buy at the end of the tour. Also, on the way back down you stop off at a family run vineyard and get to taste some homemade red wine, we weren't expecting this, but really enjoyed it. It was interesting to learn about the volcano and grape growing/wine making in one 4 hour tour! We would recommend this trip to all tourists!

Walsall, England, United Kingdom
“Great few hours of fun :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Enjoyed 3 visits here, two of which were the tiede tour & one rocky trail. Had real good fun and will definitely be visiting them again. Looking forward to march when we will be back in Tenerife again. Great team of instructors.

Kent
5 attraction reviews
“Great fun and would go again!! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Did the 4 hour teide tour with my sister on a quad each in October 13. Pre booked before we went so got a better deal!! It ended up being 70 euros each and so worth it!!

Got picked up outside our hotel at 915 and the picked up a few others before heading to the place the quads are kept. Had to fill out te forms and have a very brief raining session to make sure we could all stop go turn and reverse. All automatic and very easy to ride

Off we all went in single file and after about 45mins we went on an off road adventure. Basically a bit of a playground with some small tracks with hills and dips. Really great fun not difficult or dangerous at all!! Spent about an hr off road and we got absolutely filthy!!

Then went up to vilaflor an stopped at a small cafe for a short clean up break. Then up teide. Not to the top but amazing views. On the way back down we stopped at a family run vineyard and saw them making wine and tried a little bit of what they made earlier. Very nice!!

Then back to base to watch the video of the pics and short videos the guide had made. We bought one to ring home for great memories.

Anyone could go on this tour and feel comfortable. U do it at ur own pace and the guide was brilliant helping those out who stopped or were a little less confident.

Would recommend to anyone and will certainly go again when I go back. Only thing I would want wAs a bit longer off road so I'll try a different tour next time!!

Folkestone
4 attraction reviews
“A great way to see the local area and teide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I did the 4 hour teide tour last Tuesday morning and it was fabulous! Our tour guide was really friendly and we were all soon kitted up and on our bikes. I took my helmet as I don't like wearing 'used' stuff, but the kit they provided seemed ok and there were jackets available if you wanted one. About an hour into the tour we did the off road section, where we played for a good 30mins or more. You get filthy doing this due to all of the dust - do not wear clothes that you mind getting mucky as you will get plastered!!!

We then stopped for a break and refreshments at a local cafe before heading on up teide. The tour was great and we stopped at the top with a great view of the volcano. We then stopped at a wine making yard on the way down and got a free sample of the locally made red wine as well as a tour of the wine making facilities. Most of the tour was on road and I would say that it was suitable for most people, but be warned - the bikes I are all automatic but also thumb throttle instead of grip twist and this is very hard on the right thumb and wrist!!! I have problems with my wrists and found it really hard to keep on the throttle, making the rest breaks very welcome.

The bikes are a little battered - but what do you expect when they are run like that twice a day! They were all in good mechanical order and were safe. The cosmetic appearance of some of the quads was not great, but they all did their job with only a few minor breakdowns. All those who have said this is unsafe etc are really over doing it. I have owned and ridden quads for years and this tour is definitely not unsafe. The roads and tracks used are all good with no risk to riders. As long as you don't ride/act like an idiot then you will be just fine. It is very enjoyable and a great way to see the local area and volcano. The ride up and down the volcano is very scenic and the pine trees smell divine. The staff were great and the whole tour was very enjoyable. I will certainly do it again, but maybe just the 2 hours next time due to my wrist pain. This is highly recommended by both my sister and I.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Fun, fun fun!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Overall we found this trip really fun, it took 3 hours to get up to the volcano and 1 hour back down. Do not wear white on this trip!! You go on the roads and off road so end up with sand/dust all over you. Quads do seem a little run down, ours broke down and we were stranded with another couple whilst everyone else who was in front drove off, quite scary at first we kept beeping our horn and shouting for them to come back, 5 mins later the organizer came back for us and fixed our quad. Other than that it was fun, and worth the money we paid.

Visited July 2013