Wife and myself spent one week here late july and tried this as our first "5 star" hotel experience, especially with the Riu group of hotels which we favour. I must admit that overall we have had better hotels/facilities in 3/4 star establishments. However this should not distract from our holiday. The Grand Palace while not the most attractive exterior enjoys a very privilidged position in this beautiful relaxing resort. Six steps from the back gated entrance is the beginning of 4 miles of wonderful beaches including the fabulous Maspolamas Dunes which one must walk to experience. Bring water with you!! The other way is a walkway past the Faro lighthouse and the promenade for great evening strolls and sunsets and the gateway to many shops/restaurants. When returning daily from the beach the garden jaccuzi was always very welcome. The hotel gardens either at the beach side or the pool side are very large and definetly live up to their name as being an Oasis as either walking or sitting in them is very relaxing. Many people spent the day in them relaxing or reading. The hotel is fairly dated both inside and out. The rooms were just o.k. nothing special with poor air-conditioning but a good ceiling fan. Food both for breakfast and dinner was exellent and the chocolate fountain was well used each night. We tried the speciality Krystal restaurant once, no extra charge, and found it well worth the visit. The evening entertainment held outdoors at the Garden Bar was not as good as expected with only a speciality act on a couple of nights with the resident band playing every night. Overall we had a very positive trip but maybe expected a bit more from 5 star. Would we return here? Probably yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Maspalomas beach. Near "El Faro" and the Maspalomas sand dunes. Direct access to the beach through lush gardens. Two 5-storey main buildings. Surrounded by 65,000 garden with artificial lakes and approx. 2,000 palm trees. 5 km from Playa del ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Grand Palace Maspalomas Oasis Hotel Maspalomas
- Riu Grand Palace Hotel Maspalomas
- Riu Grand Palace Resort Maspalomas
- Hotel Riu Palace Oasis Maspalomas, Gran Canaria