We stayed here during the middle of September. This was our first visit to Gran Canaria but not our first stay in a Riu hotel.
The location of the hotel is excellent and the walk down the seafront is enjoyable. The resort feels very safe, No drunken ,loutish behaviour.
We found the hotel to be very pleasant. We had a lovely room overlooking the sea. The bedroom was decorated in shades of beige and pale blue and was functional and very well though out .with plenty of storage, though it was not particularly luxurious, but we were not upset by this. The bed was extremely comfortable .The bathroom was also well arranged.
The main reception area was very large with some seating, though it wasn`t particularly comfortable. Free Wi Fi was available here.
The outdoor area was very well arranged with various pools and seating areas. We used the infinity pool area and could always find seats even though my husband observed some people reserving sun beds at 6, 30 in the morning! There was a really nice bar area at one end of the infinity pool.
The quality of food in all the restaurants was very good . I found the main restaurant to be very noisy and felt quite hassled and stressed eating there.This being caused by the guests not the staff. As a result we ate breakfast and lunch in the Atlantica .this was a much more enjoyable experience and the view of the sea was an added bonus. We tried all of the other restaurants in the evenings and enjoyed every one.
The hotel staff were excellent, We really felt that our comfort and holiday enjoyment was important . The gardeners smiled and said hello, we witnessed a member of the staff being really supportive to a returning guest whose husband had recently died. This was typical of the care and attention. The hotel reception staff were always helpful and friendly no matter how busy they were. The management team have worked really hard to create such a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Gran Canaria Maspalomas
- Club Hotel Riu Gran Canaria
- Riu Gran Canaria
- ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria Maspalomas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Costa Meloneras, near El Faro. 3 and 6-storey building. On the seafront. 30,000 m2 garden. 900 m from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 m from various shops. 37 km from the airport. 100 m from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Gran Canaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.