“Perfect for couples! Lovely first time to Gran Canaria!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Suite Hotel Jardin Dorado

You added Suite Hotel Jardin Dorado to your Saves list
Suite Hotel Jardin Dorado
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda Touroperador Tjaereborg, 6 | Urbanización Campo de Golf de Maspalomas, 35100 Maspalomas, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #24 of 65 Hotels in Maspalomas
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect for couples! Lovely first time to Gran Canaria!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed in here with my boyfriend for a week and found the accommodation almost perfect. The food was above average but then anyone who expects Mitchell Star food at an all inclusive is an idiot. Some of the nights were themed and featured extras such as a bbq with steaks or for example one lunch there was a fresh paella.

The pool area was nice and we always managed to get a sunlounger no matter what time of the day.

The location was good, there is a bus service included in the all inclusive which takes you into the town or to the main beach. Taxis are a bargain and we never paid above 4 euros for a taxi to the bungalows from the beach.

There was a 'one drink per person' policy at the bar but this isnt a major issue as some of the people are making out in the reviews. All it means is you just have to be a bit less lazy and go to the bar twice! The only times it got annoying was when I wanted to get a drink for me & boyfriend and we instead had to keep coming up separately.

Room Tip: The bungalow we shared was very private which was exactly what we wanted. None of the bungalows are...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Finnish first
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just got back from a 10 day stay all inclusive and what a disaster it was...

Read many of the positive reviews before going and was looking forward to a relaxing holiday with my wife and two kids. Beware the all inclusive package. It was suddenly changed for all guests mid holiday which meant our children were not aloud to obtain their own drinks from the pool bar unless accompanied by an adult and they enforced a one drink per person policy which was crazy, meaning when we were all next to the pool I had to make 4 trips to the bar having then to wait for staff to acknowledge you were even there waiting (this applied to all drinks alcoholic/non alcoholic). It felt like they didn't enjoy having all inclusive guests. These new terms and conditions for all inclusive guests was printed all over the bar and even posted through everyone's room doors. By the end of our stay there were many guests complaining with 14 of us finally confronting the director of the hotel which for the majority of the week was told he wasn't there when all a long we found out he was in his office. He didn't care at all!!! Staff are charged 50 euro if found to issue more than one drink per person!!!! Nearly forgot to mention if you want water by the bottle you have to pay for it regardless of being all inclusive.

Food is reused and very repetitive. My son asked for a plastic cup for ice cream and was shouted out by bar staff (fernando) and told to read the new all inclusive terms, (my sons 8). This was the final straw as he became very tearful and wanted to go home and again complained by letter to the hotel and issued to reception but heard nothing.

Double rooms are two singles pushed together and we pulled the sheets off to find the mattresses stained with yellow patches. The only uk tv channel is bbc world news and even that was fuzzy.
Whatever you do don't leave anything on your patio area overnight we had a towel, sun cream and kids snorkel set taken and reported to reception but no joy with that.

Overall I'm reporting this one to on the beach to say how disappointed we are. This is a hotel that doesn't enjoy you staying there if your all inclusive but likes to take your money.

Stay away!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 12 nights. Our first room had cockroaches in the bathroom. We also had problems with sewerage backfilling into the bath. I went to reception and was immediately changed to another room. This room appeared cleaner however I killed a mega cockroach on the last day.
The food was very repetitive and there was a lot of re-use of leftovers.
Halfway through our stay there was a policy change regarding the all inclusive package. Each customer had to queue at the understaffed bar to get their own drink. This meant that I could not bring a drink to my wife. This was very inconvenient. The staff were on the most part polite enough but could turn rude in a flash.
All in all I would never ever go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013
Chard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Jardin Dorado was very welcoming from the start, easy check in. Bungalows were very nice and everything was very clean and rooms were cleaned every day. Also the grounds were kept to a high standard. Food and service was excellent, Fernando and Paco were especially polite and helpful. The place was very relaxing and it was one of the best holidays we have experienced. I don't understand the negative comments because I just think some people love to complain about anything. The only criticism we have is that entertainment was advertised on the website for weekends but there was no entertainment at all. also free Wi Fi could have been available in the bungalows.
All in all, first class.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week with my boyfriend and 2 good friends who are also in a relationship. We had a lovely time staying at this hotel and I personally don't understand the complaints people are making. If you go to a hot country you will at some point encounter bugs etc. that's no fault of the hotel, the hotel is very clean and tidy. There was fresh and a very good variety or food every day and certainly did not taste or look reused. At least twice we had freshly cooked pork, fish and paella which was lovely. I though it was very wise that you can not take glass around the pool for safety of guests. The staff were friendly and funny and remembered your dris orders which gave a personal touch. There are not many members of staff and they work really hard. Admittedly the pillows were a tad harder than I would have liked but how can you let that ruin your whole holiday some of these complaints are a joke it's the same thing as the toaster, put your toast in get the rest of your breakfast then come back and pick it up. Not rocket science. Pools quite cold but the weather is boiling so its quite welcoming. Nice and quiet and the cabs were so cheap only about 5 euros to go to maspalomas. The hotel is quite remote but as cabs are so cheap I don't see how anyone can complain, it's only a quick 10 min journey into town.

Also I accidently left my front door to the bungalow open all day whilst we were out and not one thing was missing, I wouldn't say the hotel was unsafe perhaps the other people were unfortunate. Over all it was an amazing holiday!! The hotel is child friendly and has a child's play area and a pool table which was great fun. Also plenty of information available to you concerning days out etc and cabs will be with you in seconds!!!

I had a really lovely time in this hotel and would advise people that are looking for a quality holiday without paying quality prices to go here!! The all inclusive is also well worth it! I honestly don't understand the complaints it was perfect maybe these people are slightly picky!!

Room Tip: We had a room on the inner circle right next to the bar and pool which was ideal!!!! Loved the patio...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Me, my boyfriend and our bestfriends (another couple) went all inclusive for a week. Was such an amazing holiday and have no complaints about this hotel. The rooms were very modern spacious and clean, had everything I needed and a hair dryer so dont bring one! I do admit the pillows were a tad hard but that hardly ruins a holiday. We were located right next to the bar so that was a win. The pool was big and especially for not many people being there June time. Never had to reserve beds. Lovely whirlpool with bubble seats which was quite fun and they had a play area and kids pool so kid friendly too!! The staff were lovely, reception staff very helpful with taxis and info on the waterpark etc, taxis there in minutes and costing less than 5 euros to go to centre of maspalomas and playa de ingles to very close to everything including waterpark and holiday world. The barstaff were so sweet so dont know what the other reviews are on about. Generous, funny and quick. Warning there measures of alcohol are strong haha was like sipping pure vodka but whose complaining! Boys seemed to love the local beer too.

The food- we loved it. Variety for everyone fresh everyday. Had something different every night. They keep salads and basics the same to please but on different nights had bbq, paella, seafood, and the pork chops were so nice!! Had chips and salad at lunch, had sandwiches and even saw them do packed lunches for a family when they went on a day trip!! Breakfast was good, at home I barely have time for toast so was nice to get such a lovely breakie. All the guests were lovely too. Maids there everyday. They had a gym too not that I used it. Lovely atmosphere day and night, I miss sitting on the patio outside my bungalow sipping on a drink and would go back anytime! Bad reviews just seem to be very picky... if youre not picky, like a good time, want to be local to all the attractions and want to pay little for a great time and quality come here!!!! P.s if you dont want to get broken into...maybe close your door? Works the same at home too if you hadnt notcied. Theieves dont care if youre on holiday of not! My friend left her door open accidently all day and nothing was stolen!!!

Happy Holidays!

• Stayed June 2013
durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

we have just come back yesterday after 2 weeks at jarin dorado, we found staff to be very friendly and made good friends with some of them (fernando and paco), Got served at bar quickly and got what we requested. food was plentiful, maybe a little cold a few times times. The accomodation was spot on ample space, cleaned each day again cleaning staff very friendly. beds were v. clean quite firm though suited one of us but not the other, but hey they cant have a different mattress to suit everybody's needs. .The shower was one of the best we have had on holiday powerful and plenty of hot water room 112. air conditioning was v. good.the complex is really lovely but it is in a remote area, but free buses are regular from entrance to take you to Maspalomas or Playa de Ingles. We were aware of the fact before we went that our all inclusive bands were took of us at noon on day of leaving so we were not upset when this happened, we did not leave complex until 7pm on Saturday night to go to airport and were allowed to stay in our room until then free (most places would charge for this). if your room was booked for new guests coming in they had another room you could use for showering before you leave. Our only gripe was no entertainment at all at night time was not good, but we made plenty of friends and the evenings passed with plenty of chat. I would not recommend this for teenagers and young couples looking for music and action.

Room Tip: Iinner circle are around pool ours was great room 112
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Suite Hotel Jardin Dorado? Share your experiences!