“Fantastic 2nd visit and more improvements to an already great resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rainbow Golf, Gay Men-only Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Rainbow Golf, Gay Men-only Resort to your Saves list
Rainbow Golf, Gay Men-only Resort
Touroperador Finnmatkat 5 | Campo Internacional, 35100 Maspalomas, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Announcement
Click for details
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Fantastic 2nd visit and more improvements to an already great resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Just returned from our 2nd stay at the Rainbow Golf Bungalows Gay Boutique Resort and once again we have had a great holiday, thanks to all of the team at Rainbow Golf.
Since our 1st visit last December there have been some further improvements including replacing the old uncomfortable sofa beds in all the apartments with comfortable sofas instead (not sofa beds this time), extra lighting added inside the apartments and the addition of the new Escape Café at Rainbow Golf operated by Chris and his friendly team.
The new Escape Café at Rainbow Golf has extended on the previous limited menu available to now include a larger range of options for both breakfast and daytime snacks/meals. The seating area has been changed to individual tables for 2 instead of one large table and therefore gives a more intimate feel to the café area.
One negative point however that has occurred since our first visit is the arrival of day visitors to the resort. The day visitors tended to be very noisy, which is in contrast to the normally quiet and relaxed environment this resort prides itself on offering its guests, plus they where taking up the sun loungers provided for the paying guests and we saw some paying guests arriving at the pool area to find no loungers and then just leaving. As there is only room for a limited number of sun loungers around the pool area, it is a shame that day visitors are being allowed to take use of the facilities offered for the use of paying resort guests and are not respecting the quiet environment which makes this resort so special and appealing.
Overall despite the day visitors we did have a great time and have already booked a return visit for later this year.
As per our first visit the bungalows are kept spotless by the cleaning team, your made to feel welcome at all times and part of the special Rainbow Golf Family.

Room Tip: Best bungalows for sun and position are 5,6,7 and 8. They get the sun on their rear terraces in the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

What a marvellous choice of hotel this was for me! I feel we really did get lucky here, as we chose this place purely on the basis of TripAdvisor feedback! As far as I'm concerned it could really not have been a better choice!!! The location is off the beaten track and away from the throng of Tourists. 10-15 mins walk to the town centre/Yumbo and 25-30 mins walk to the beach and Dunes. I know the walk to the beach is a little longer than I would have liked, but it's a compromise well worth making. And, besides, Taxi's are readily available and cheap. For us though, we actually loved the picturesque walk! The Team is headed by Owner Antonio and includes his Husband Adrian, Sam (the sort of General Manager), Chris (Café Bar Owner), and Jenthe who works the Café and bar with Chris. Antonio's welcome was incredibly warm and friendly, using our names from the moment we walked in. I thought that was a beautiful touch! He has a great sense of professionalism and fun. He gets the balance just right! I instantly liked him, loads! His husband is gorgeous and an eye-catcher, in the very best of ways! Chris and Jenthe kept me well supplied with the occational café meal and vast array of drinks (the bar is very well stocked), as well as lots of stimulating conversation and delightful belly-laughs! We did have a blast together! The setting of the mini-resort is beautiful, with the quaint bungalows build around the heated pool. But, with each one offering the appropriate level of privacy, with front (open), and rear (walled), terraces. They are spotlessly clean and have everything in them you would expect, and a couple pleasant extra's! This place is intimate in all the nicest of ways and within moments of arriving, I felt comfortable and reassured that I was going to have the holiday I wanted. Now that I'm home, I feel I'm missing the 'family' I made there. I'm going to miss all members of the team. You're all lovely people and the warmth you share as a team is clear to see! You guys make me proud to be a part of our community. Congratulations!!! You've got it exactly right, so keep doing what you're doing!!! I WILL BE BACK, FOR SURE!!! Xx

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Quaint, quiet resort. Very clean. Friendly and professional service. This is a clothing optional resort for men in Maspalomas. Sex is prohibited in the hot tub.

The bungalows are spacious with kitchenettes. The pool water was cold. There is a poolside bar. Reasonable prices. Relaxing music playing in the background. Unfortunately, one day, a group of guests decided to play party music on their iPods drowning out the resort's relaxing ambience. I was disappointed the staff allowed this to happen.

My biggest complaint with this resort was the hot water became cold in the middle of a shower. Eventually, my companion and I adapted to this by showering methodically.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at, Rainbow Golf Bungalows Gay Boutique Resort more than I enjoyed Maspalomas, Grand Canary.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Antonio M, Owner at Rainbow Golf, Gay Men-only Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Ten-Seven,
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
So far we never had a problem with the hot water capacity. 30 litres of very hot water mixed with cold water make a minimum of 50 litres, more than enough for 2 guests having a regular shower. We will double check if your water heater had a problem or was not providing hot water at the right temperature.
I was not aware of any guest using their iPods at high volume. I would have appreciated to be informed to solve it immediately. As you know, respect and tolerance are basic rules here and we always encourage to avoid guests disturbing other guests.
During your stay, pool was always at a minimum temperature of 26 degrees, even more during the sun hours. We try to avoid higher temperatures because may become bad for the health.
Thank you very much again for your feedback.
Kind regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I would like to take this opportunity to say how welcoming the rainbow golf was. Antonio and the team make you feel comfortable and relaxed as soon as you arrive. Antonio makes time for you. This place is calm and relaxed. Antonio thanks for sorting out the safe only there one night and already dramas. Again nothing was too much trouble.
The accommodation has everything you need.
So I will back definitely be back.
Good luck with setting up the new food operation.
say hello!! to all the team
Thanks Michael

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I very rarely leave reviews, unless they surpass my expectations, and this accomodation certainly did. I chose this resort for a week for my honeymoon for my partner and myself. I booked direct with Antonio the manager and explained that it was for a special occasion, the bill was paid and I quickly received email confirmations etc about my stay. I did explain that we wouldn't be arriving till around 9:30pm, but this wasn't a problem.

On arrival we were very warmly greeted by Sam and was offered a drink whilst we completed the formalities of booking in. We were then shown to our bungalow and everything was explained us including the use of the airconditioning, safe and what equipment etc the bungalow offered. We were then shown to our bedroom where Adrian ( Antonios Husband ) had provided a welcome surprise for us, towels sculptured into two swans, face to face in a heart shape, along with a box of chocolates and champagne (Cava) in the fridge. This was totally unexpected and meant so much to us that someone had taken care to do this for us. A real personal touch.

The bungalow was spacious and had everything you could wish for, a great big comfy bed which is rare in bungalows in Gran Canaria, believe me, lots of wardrobe and drawer space along with and iron and iron board. Even small details such as washing up liquid and dish cloth, soap and shampoo and shower gel, corkscrew, all provided. It was also a welcome surprise to see a kettle included along with a Tassimo coffee maker. ( T discs can be brought on site or from one of the big supermarkets we found)

The complex itself was spotlessly clean, as were the bungalows, it incuded nice comfy sunloungers round the pool, a hot jacuzzi and even a sauna which we used on a coulple of occasions as the weather was not good for half of the week and was chilly at night, the heat pump on the air conditioning came in useful on a couple of occasions. The place is very quiet with no noticible road noise. Although, 3 days in, locals decided to start resurfacing a carpark at the back of the complex which continued until the weekend so our peace was shattered, even Antonio didn't know this was due to start, although it slightly took the shine off my honeymoon stay as I was after peace and quiet, this was not the fault of the Rainbow Golf Complex and I cannot mark the review down for that. I will be booking there again and would recommend this complex to anyone. Antonio is one of the niceist guys I have met, very genunine and his overall aim is to make your stay as comfortable as possible, nothing is too much trouble, I had a small problem with one of the curtains not closing properly in the lounge, after mentioning it, it was fixed within five minutes, so I would like to thank Antonio again who runs a great complex, Sam for his great welcome and smile and help and Adrian ( one of the true nice guys too who always dresses immacuately with nails to die for) for the welcoming Swans and for making us feel special and to the housekeeping team for doing a grand job.

To sum up, a great place, perfect location and a fantastic welcome from genuine committed guys who want to make your holiday special.

David n David

Room Tip: Choose a superior room, especially for the winter months when the evenings can get chilly.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Very relaxing, friendly and aesthetically pleasing gay resort with lots of charm and good quality accommodation. A very good welcome and introduction to the resort by Antonio. Clothing optional is a real bonus. It's enjoyable just lounging by the pool. Am going back again later this year :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Very relaxing environment, Antonio and the rest of the staff are great and friendly chaps .
Apartments are very spacious, clean and with private and front balcony
furthermore is clothes optional :-)

very good value for money, highly recommend this place

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Rainbow Golf, Gay Men-only Resort? Share your experiences!