We stayed at Koala Gardens last November as our budget for holidays is reduced after retiring in 2012. We have been a bit spoilt after staying at a five star hotel on the two previous occasions,
When we got there my wife said " I'm not coming here again¬ and |I had to rebuke her that she should wait a while before she make up her mind! . Koala Gardens is quite a distance from the beach but the hotel offers a courtesy bus which runs from outside the hotel down to the bus stops near to the beach, down a sort of promenade called 'La Charca'. It would be best to be at the bus stop in good time as the bus can get quite full and some nations do not believe in queuing, however if one bus becomes full the driver did request another bus. The Taxis are very cheap compared to the UK one reason seems to be that the 'first mile' is NO DEARER than the following. mile or part thereof and is only about €4. The Apartment- we found spacious with large beds and contemporary decor. The kitchen was as described by other reviewers but as we were AI it didn't make any difference to us, There is a bath as well as shower the water heater seems to be of small capacity so you would have to run it a couple of minutes wait 5 minutes about 4 or five times if you want a good soak ( if you are 5'2' like me) , We were told there was 2 restaurants that we could use, one near zone 4 & 5 which is mainly made use of by the AI guests that are in Zone 4 & 5, but the Restaurant near to the Reception (?zone 1,2 &3) is designated for guests who pay for their meals. but there is no objection to AI guests using this restaurant the only DIFFERENCE is you have to pick up your drinks (free) just OUTSIDE the restaurant at a hatch (from the SAME bar) and then walk in with your drink and then usually shewn your table. DON'T BE OFFENDED BY THIS - RULES IS RULES!; It just so they can cost things properly. We didn't find them any less polite to us and we can't speak German! We found everybody at Koala Gardens very friendly and we are BOTH!!! hoping to be back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The apartment complex THe Koala Garden Suites is located 2 miles from the sea and near the golf course in Maspalomas, in an ideal environment for your family vacation, THe Koala Garden Suites offers the best proposal in comfort and service. He has everything at his disposal, comfortable and bright apartments in blocks of two floors, air conditioning and excellent level of equipment, to be located close to shopping centers, amusement park, local market and recreational areas, is ideal for family vacation and leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your THe Koala Garden Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koala Garden Hotel Maspalomas
- Koala Maspalomas
- Koala Apartments Hotel Maspalomas
- Koala Apartments Maspalomas
- THe Koala Garden Suites Maspalomas, Gran Canaria