My partner and I stayed here during 18 - 27 Dec 2012.
First impressions were good, hotel is out of the centre of the town, but there are a couple of restaurants, lovely bars, a pharmacy and a Spar within 100 - 200 metres. There is a taxi rank across the road, and taxis are very cheap (€4 to Maspalomas or Playa del Ingles).
I was very happy when on arrival, the staff upgraded us to a lovely pool view room (A212), even though we hadn’t booked one – this was a very nice start to the holiday!
The bedrooms are fine, a little basic, but very clean with comfy beds. All have balconies with a table and chairs. TV has 2 english channels. Rooms are cleaned 5 times per week and towels changed approx 4 times. Wi Fi is available in the rooms and all over the complex for €18 per week and connection is very good.
The pool area is fab, plenty of sunbeds, but beware that only one side of the pool seems to get the sun, so there are always about 100 sunbeds in the shade. Pool bar is good, with a great selection of drinks and for anyone staying all inclusive, any drinks not included in all inclusive are half price. Sandwiches are served all day in the bar and cakes and pastry’s from 4 - 5 pm.
As we stayed all inclusive all of our meals were included. Breakfast was ok, hot and cold food, loads of different breads and pastrys, pancakes, toasties etc. I felt lunch and dinner were excellent, at lunch there was a hot and cold buffet with one meat/fish cooked fresh by chefs. In the evening there was also a hot and cold buffet, but with even more choice and 2 or 3 meats/fish cooked fresh. Overall, the food was excellent and not at all repetitive like some all inclusive.
I would recommend this hotel again, the animation team were great and there were activities for adults and kids all day, reception staff were always helpful and cleaning, bar and restaurant staff always trying to please.
I will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The varied entertainment program for all ages and its spacious double and family rooms make this the ideal place to make the most of every minute of a family holiday. Located in Sonnenland (Maspalomas), there is a free shuttle bus service to the beach several times a day. Relax in the jacuzzi between 2 swimming pools and let us keep your family amused with our extensive entertainment program. This hotel is ideal for families or couples seeking a fun place to be and who want to enjoy the day with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Dunas Mirador Maspalomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunas Mirador Maspalomas Hotel Maspalomas
- Dunas Mirador Hotel Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Dunas Mirador Hotel
- Dunas Mirador Maspalomas Gran Canaria