“So good we went back for Christmas” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Venesol Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maspalomas
Venesol Apartments
Cesar Manrique 1,, 35100 Maspalomas, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #42 of 65 hotels in Maspalomas
A TripAdvisor Member
“So good we went back for Christmas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

Having been to Venesol bungalows in March 2004 and enjoyed it. We booked to take my Mum with us for Christmas. We spent two weeks there.
There were minor problems, but once again the management were excellent at sorting them out. There were two Gala Dinners that were
free of charge, I believe they were paid for by our tour operator, Thomas Cook - for everybody not just us and the atmosphere was wonderful. The staff worked very hard so that we enjoyed ourselves. Even Father Christmas visited the children round the pool on Christmas Eve.

Once again, I can advise that the acommodation is basic, but the maids came every day, and although we didn't demand clean linen and towels every day, they were very obliging when we did ask.

We would have no hesitation in going back there.

A warm welcome will always greet you from Carole at the pool bar, Jose in the bar, restaurant and reception staff alike.

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2005

Just got back from spending a week at Venesol. It was a great place, pool was clean and tidy. Plenty of sun loungers. Pool side bar run by an English lady called Carol, who is friendly and always ready to help with any information she can about the island. Met the Resort Manager on arrival who was a very rude man but luckily it was the only time we had to see him. Reception staff are friendly and helpful. Taxi's are called immediately on request. Dancing Bar at night has entertainment on a few nights a week, but other than that it was a bit quiet in there. Definately recommend the BBQ on a Thursday night.... Food was brilliant and it is as much as you can eat for 12 Euros per adult and even less for kids.
We hired a car for the week so exploring was our main aim.. Driving on the wrong side of the road is an experience in itself but didnt have an accident so we must have done ok. If you are scared of heights and sheer drops dont go up in to the mountains in your hire car. Went to see the Caves at Guayadique (maybe spelt wrong) which was an experience.. Houses and Restaurant and Church built into the caves! An amazing site to see. Went to Puerto de Mogan to take a trip on the submarine but unfortunately missed it (but will definately go back there to try again next time we go).
The only down sides of the holiday were missing the submarine, seeing the Manager of the complex (once) and having to come home, but it is definately somewhere I want to go back to and have already priced to go back again this year in April.
I was bitten once by a Mosquito and saw NO cockroaches whatsoever (but if I did, it is their home so it wouldnt have bothered me).
Be careful in the breeze as it is a big disguise for thinking it is not hot!! It was 107 degrees in the shade at the pool and we thought it was chilly!!
I would only say to you.... dont listen to me or anyone else about this place.. make your own mind up about it
If you dont happen to agree with me, you dont have to stay in the room all day or in the resort at all.. get out and explore the island

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2004

We have just arrived back from staying at the Venesol Apartments(13.11.04) in Gran Canaria and must say that my partner and I had a great time there. The accommodation was above average and the service excellent. We used the restaurant for breakfast and evening meal throughtout the weeks stay and enjoyed every meal without any problems at all.

We had read reviews before we went there and one had mentioned "steel shutters" but the way the bungalows are isolated from each other this was a very good security measure in this day and age although we never heard of any problems. In regards insects that were also mentioned we only saw some very small ants but each bungalow has a garden surround so we would not think anything of this. Anybody who travells to a tropical island in the height of summer must expect to encounter some of the local wildlife. We have travelled to various other islands and encountered such things as snakes, lizards and also scorpions so all these things should be taken into account when organizing your holiday.

The whole site was very well maintained and the staff were very smart in their uniforms, very friendly and obliging. Our rep Leon and his assistant were excellent in their jobs.

I hope that this review will help you in deciding weather or not to go there but we would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2004

I went to venesol Apartments for the second time and had great holiday once again.
Staff are excellent, Apartments are comfortable and cleaned often, the maids work very hard, they also have a Cat lady who takes care of the resident cats on the complex, 15 resident cats I believe of which she feeds every day and checks for there well being, all resident cats are collard and nuewted to stop over population with in the complex, whilst I was there one cat was taken off the complex due to an abcess on her foot and sent to the vets for treatment and returned well and happy within 2 days.keep up the good work Cat Lady.
I had a super time on the island and a well earnt rest.The weather wae great (14th October 2004) sunny and 30c Came home with a great tan. The pool is very large and cleaned everyday.I will be going back ....see you all in 2005

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2004

My partner, son and I have just got back from a two week stay at venesol bungalows. Rooms are basic, but ok. Cleaned daily and sheets and towels will be changed if you leave them outside for cleaners. Yes you do get cockroaches buy lets face it, it's a bloody hot place and your bound to get bugs of some sort. Definitly not infested. Large pool and pool bar open from 10am till 6pm, clean and tidy. Staff were brill they really help a couple out when thier kid got chicken pox, the so called rep absolutely useless. Not much for kids to at night, but taxis 3 1/2 euros to most places near by. Beach bus 60 cents, recommend a night at YUMMBO.TAXIS BACK FROM PEURTO RICA AT NIGHT ONLY 16 EUROS.
all in all we had relaxing and good time. I say go and see for yourself and don't be put off to much what you read.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2004

Went to the venesol bungalows from 30th August to 6th September 2004. One of the most enjoyable holidays we've had for ages.

The rooms were well equiped with eveything you need for a self catering holiday. Rooms were cleaned on a daily basis and cozy to live in, (however would recommend you take a fan with you.)

The pool area was large, clean and of a very high standard for a 3 star hotel. Plenty of sunbeds available. The pool was cleaned on a nightly basis.
plenty of access for disabled people throughout the complex.

The staff were really friendly and would always go out of their way to help, and all spoke excellent english. Juan Antonio in the Dancing Bar is a real laugh, just don't try to catch it...you'll see what i mean! Give Carol in the poolbar a visit.

Masalomas in general is a very quiet area so don't expect any nightlife, however playa Del Ingles is only a 3 Euro taxi ride away.

all in all if your looking for an enjoyable relaxing holiday i would really recommend it.

(p.s. only saw a handful of cockroaches the whole time we were there. Recommend you watch Tiny Pop.)

London England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2004

I went last septmeber with my partner. On arrival at 3:30 am we came face to face with SWARMS of cockroaches! (Despite the fact the whole resort had been sprayed three days earlier). We couldn't even get to our room, so they changed us to another. Cockroaches everywhere in the room too. We were given a can of roach spray and the reception guy then went around spraying half the contents to kill them! Then he shut us in the room (don't forget you shouldn't breathe in this stuff!). We sat in the middle of living area all night killing cockroaches.. now have terrible fear...even in UK!
The rep told us that they are clean creatures and not be worried....that IS NOT THE CASE! DO NOT GO IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THEM CRAWLING IN YOUR EAR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! (happened to another guest that night)
Even though they did eventually move us to another part of the island which wasn't too bad it was still the worst holiday we have ever been on.
WOULD NEVER EVER GO BACK

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Venesol Apartments? Share your experiences!