“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia

You added Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia to your Saves list
Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida del Oasis 32, 35100 Maspalomas, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 65 Hotels in Maspalomas
North East England
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Thankyou............We have just returned after our first stay. We dont normally return to a hotel for a second time as we like to travel to many places, however in this instance we will definately return.
Every member of staff was friendly, professional and attentive to every need. The selection at breakfast was endless and of excellent quality and quantity. Evening meals were either al a carte at an added expense, however the "set menu" food was of a very high standard and choice therefore we didnt need to even look at the al a carte menu. The little extras of afternoon tea and cakes twice a week, fresh fruit replenished in our room each day, the litre of water by the bedside and beach bags inclusive of towels and bottled water per person were an added bonus. The pool area is quiet with plentiful beds, towels and shady areas.
We have travelled extensively in Europe, North America/Canada, Southeast Asia and Australia to some very classy hotels, and this scores very highly on our list.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolfgang T, Manager at Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

It has been indeed our full pleasure and honour of being your host during your stay here on Gran Canaria. Thank you very much for taking your time in sharing your impression of our hotel with the online community of Tripadvisor.

With delight we read that you felt at home in our hotel and that you have been very pleased with the services provided by the hotel team. We appreciate very much that you especially mention the friendliness and attentiveness of our employees.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia in the near future and, once again, thank you for staying with us.

Best personal regards from Maspalomas

General Manager Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia*****GL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
South Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We returned from our stay at the Residencia several weeks ago but I have only just felt able to write a review.

Firstly, I will say that the hotel is beautiful and the staff are very polite, professional and on the whole extremely helpful and understanding, however, this was applicable only during our week's stay at the hotel. If you stay at this hotel, please please be aware of the numerous sun parasols which are situated throughout the hotel outdoor restaurant and which have an enormous base, surrounded by stainless steel, and result in very painful and serious injury if tripped over.

I was very unfortunate on the second day of our holiday to have an accident in the hotel restaurant resulting in two fractures of my foot, the extent of my injuries however, was only diagnosed on my return to the UK one week later, following a mis-diagnosis by the hotel Doctor who had assured me that I had 'no fractures'. I was absolutely horrified to find that the cause of my accident was a parasol base placed directly behind where I waited for my freshly cooked eggs at breakfast, as I turned I put one foot forward and immediately tripped over the parasol base.

I was advised by the hotel Manager to let the Doctor assess my injury, and as I was in so much pain I agreed but was informed that I had only bruised my foot and he recommended that I stay in my hotel room for the full day with my foot elevated and covered with ice - the hotel staff were excellent in supplying me with a constant supply of ice when requested and brought 'room service' to our room when requested (as of course I was unable to walk anywhere to obtain food and drink) - the charge for room service was of course added to our bill, as was the Doctor's bill.

From that day onward and for the rest of our stay we were provided with a wheelchair in order that I could at least 'move around' the hotel. The hotel Manager had admitted immediately following my accident that the parasol had been placed far too close and as a consequence when I turned I had no way of avoiding walking into it - I raised the 'health and safety' issue and as expected the parasol was never placed there again.

On our departure day a member of management wished us a safe journey home and said that on our return to the UK if my injury incurred any expense I should let them know - at which time I pointed out that I had already paid 130 euros for a Doctor's visit. She expressed her shock and dismay that I had already paid this bill on the day of the accident and immediately reimbursed me and said we should never have been charged as it was 'the fault of the hotel' that my injury had occurred.

On my arrival back in the UK I attended my local A&E department and was informed of the extent of my injury, by which time more than a week old and therefore could not be 'potted', although I was provided with an aircast boot. Following my return home I notified the hotel Manager of the extent of my injury and expressed my disappointment at the mis-diagnosis by their own Doctor. I received an e-mail response in which he expressed his concern that I had infact more serious injuries than originally thought and I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from the hotel staff a few days later.

However, today, nearly six weeks after my return I am still unable to return to work due my injuries and the flowers have long ago faded ............ the injury to my foot and the memories of our holiday unfortunately will last a lifetime.

Not the holiday we wanted, expected, or paid for!!!!!!

Room Tip: Originally in a first floor room - but transferred to a ground floor room following my accident. Ho...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolfgang T, Manager at Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, we wish to thank you for having chosen the Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia for your holidays here on Gran Canaria. Also that you mentioned the friendliness and helpfulness of our employees as well as the beauty of our hotel itself is very much appreciated.

The entire team was and still is terribly sorry about the accident that happened on the hotel terrace during breakfast and all of us certainly wish it would not have taken place.
Unfortunately, we cannot turn the wheel of time back and we do apologize again and in public for any inconveniences and discomforts caused during your stay with us.

I certainly understand how the accident influenced your wellbeing, comfort, vacation mood and active movements. However, I also still believe that all our employees did their very utmost in providing service, support and helping hands in order to make the remaining days of your stay as pleasant as possible.

Our restaurant terrace in total has 35 parasols with normal bases 45 x 45 cm wide and 5 cm height. The umbrella at the egg station had been there ever since and in many years of hotel operation and Health & Safety Audits it never had been considered as an area of risk. It has been an unfortunate accident and the umbrella has been removed on the spot.

Furthermore, our hotel doctor could not be a 100% certain about the no fracture diagnose as he does not have an x ray in his clinic and did recommend you to go to the local Maspalomas hospital for an x ray.

We certainly understand that flowers do fade and memories remain, however it was supposed to be a friendly gesture and bring a smile back on your face. Once again, kindly accept our apologies and regrets and we remain at your service.

Best regards from Maspalomas,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is our ninth visit to the hotel and we are always amazed by the service, food, staff and the general atmosphere. The staff cannot do enough for you - always there discreetly in the background, ready to make your stay perfect. Perfection really does sum this hotel up. The management have an eye for detail and they know what you want before you do! Facilities, rooms and restaurant are 100%. What more can I say? This is a truly wondeful place to stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay half board and experience the incredible evening meals
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolfgang T, Manager at Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

on behalf of the entire team of the Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia*****GL we would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to your most recent stay with us on the trip advisor website.

It has been indeed our pleasure and honor in being your host already for the 9th time and we all would like to thank you for your loyalty and trust towards our hotel. Mentioning the friendliness and efficiency of our employees particularly we do appreciate very much, and will continue to work on our areas of improvement in order to be perfectly ready for your 10th stay.

We wish you all the best, lots of health and we all are looking forward to welcome you back to the Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia*****GL in due time.

Many personal regards from Maspalomas

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Just returned from our third stay here - its now our favourite seaside hotel anywhere - and we travel a lot! Service is gracious and attentive, but in a very friendly way. You see and meet the manager Wolfgang and you know he is running a tight ship with great attention to detail.

The whole atmosphere is of quiet tranquility. The hotel is small - 80 or so rooms, in discreet 2 storey blocks. We love rooms 119-124 as they are ground floor pool facing - private shady terrace but direct access to the pool.

The food here is of Michelin standard - but not in any way snooty. Half board is 4 course set menu (with great choices) 5 nights and BBQ 2 nights - its very good value and much cheaper by choosing HB at the time of booking. Breakfasts (inclusive of champagne) also superb and as they run until 11am, you can have a late breakfast and skip lunch.

From 7-9am fresh fruit, teas, coffee and juice is provided by the pool - they even provide a Nespresso machine; so you can help yourself (whilst having an early morning swin). 2 afternoon there is tea and cakes.

The pool area is attractive and plenty of beds and towels, and quiet corners to sit. The spa if free with a lovely salt water pool with jacuzzi jets, sauna, steam room, ice machine and cold plunge pool, with indoor and out door areas to relax. Clothes optional in the sauna and steam room. There is a good menu of massages and treatments and a well equipped gym.

The beds (two linked singles) are very very comfortable with excellent linen. Pillows are memory foam/latex (under) with feather top pillows - perfect. Towels, gowns, toiletries etc very good, and changed everey day. The bathrooms have been upgraded with doors on the baths to allow direct shower acess as well as spa baths, to suit all needs. Each room has a large Loewe flat screen TV with a great choice of TV channels - for the UK there is BBC 1-4, ITV 1-2 and many other channels. There is also a DVD. Fruit, water and newspaper supplied to each room every day. Aircon is very effective - I didnt have to touch the controls and the room was always cool and never noisy.

Gardens great and immaculately groomed, with some lovely birds visiting (collared doves, hoopees, blackbirds, parakeets).

I cant recommend this hotel enough - great for a long weekend, a week or 2 weeks. More of a quiet couples hotel - not really set up for children (although small babies ok). Nationality wise, a real mix with German and Dutch probably more dominant. All staff speak lots of languages (as ever put us Brits to shame).

Room Tip: 119-124 are ground floor pool facing (Se-E), so great for direct pool access, but private and with a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolfgang T, Manager at Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Guests,

Many greetings from Maspalomas and wish thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us and other holiday makers here on Tripadvisor.

It has been a great pleasure to read through your comments and friendly words.

We all are delighted to hear that you have been very satisfied with the facilities provided by the hotel as well as the service orientation and living hospitality provided by our employees. Especially that you mention the culinary performance of our international kitchen team as well as the attentive service and excellent condition of the gardens and relaxing areas, makes us very proud.

Your feedback will be motivation for us in order to work further on our consistent drive for excellence, quality and guest satisfaction.

Thank you for staying with us here at the Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia*****GL and the entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Hi, we just came back from the Grand Hotel Residencia. I just wanted to share, we've had a perfect holiday. We stayed here for 5 days. Everything was just perfect. The staff was so friendly, never seen, very professional, the rooms very clean, also the main building and garden/swimming pool ... and the food is excellent, you should really take half pension. we stayed in a lot of 5 star hotels and leadings, and this is one of our favourit. Don't hesitate to book this place, you will not be disapointed.

Kind regards
Mr and Mrs D'heer

Dear Mr. and Mrs. D´heer,

Thank you very much for your kind words and excellent guest feedback published on Tripadvisor.

We all are delighted to hear that you arrived back home well and safe and that you had been very much satisfied with the hospitality and service provided by the Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia*****GL Team.

It has been our full pleasure and honor in being your host during your visit on Gran Canaria. The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back again to Maspalomas.

Best regards

Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

mr.and mrs. linder,

This hotel bar none is the best one you will stay in.Surroundings,food, facilities,attention to detail, and of course great friendly staff.Unfortunately my wife had taken ill on our 4th day of our two week holiday,but with the kind attention and very caring nature of this hotel everyone was extremely helpful to us,for that we are very gratefull.We just love coming back here and cant wait to return,hope you are still there wolfgang.

Room Tip: All garden views are exellent, if you can afford a pool view go for it,and a suit room is the ultima...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolfgang T, Manager at Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Mrs. Linder, Dear Mr. Linder,

Thank you very much from all of us that you have chosen the Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia for your most recent stay.

It has been a delight and honour in being your host and we are pleased to hear that you have arrived back home well and safe. Your open and friendly feedback is very much appreciated by all of us and gives us pleasure, a little pride and of course a lot of motivation in doing it even better.

The entire team of the Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia is looking forward to welcoming you back to Gran Canaria soon. We all wish you a lovely remaining summer back home and thank you for staying with us.

Best personal regards from Maspalomas

Brakel, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Just back home from a 3rd stay at the Grand Hotel Residencia.
However we were surprised again about the very high level of service, the helpfulness of the staff and the stunning fine food.
On this heavenly place we definitely come back...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We wish to thank you very much for publishing your review with regards to your most recent stay at the Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia.

It has been a great pleasure and honour to be your host again for the 3rd time and we are delighted to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for mentioning especially the quality and taste of food as well as the helpfulness of our employees. We thank you for staying with us and the entire team is looking forwards to welcoming you back at the Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia.

Best regards from Maspalomas

General Manager Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia*****GL

Been to Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia? Share your experiences!