We decided to finish off some work on my husband's book while relaxing in Gran Canarian sunshine. The hotel was very helpful in printing off the proofs as they came in on my iPad. (Sending out the corrections on the internet was somewhat fraught due to sudden disconnections mid-stream, but the job was done in the end). Because the printing was so expensive, we were given a discount which was much appreciated.
The hotel is a lovely place for relaxation. I was a bit daunted on arrival by the decor in the grand reception hall. It is a copy of a cathedral and to my mind very sepulchral and gloomy with dark 'aged' paintwork. However the rooms are bright and beautiful, with excellent lighting for reading (not often found!) and we even had a dressing room en suite.
The breakfasts are superb with an enormous array of fruits, meats, cheese, breads, fish, plus cooked to order eggs, bacon waffles and pancakes etc. A large flask of excellent coffee is brought to the table immediately on arrival at your table, which is a real boon. And there is a fresh juice bar of many different fruits. For children (?!) there is a chocolate fountain with things to dip.
The restaurants are good but service can be a bit slow. Food again excellent. Most people however, are on the buffet dinner option and it gets very crowded. The food choice again is fantastic. Things don't seem to be laid out logically though, so there is a lot of converging traffic and risk of spills. The main trouble with the buffet system is that it is not a 5* experience. It is not restful or relaxing with all the serving staff rushing to whisk plates away like in an airport diner.
There are no high alternative quality restaurants in the vicinity but whether you turn left or right there are rows of open air places at which to dine (yet charging almost the same as the hotel).
The evening entertainment was of a surprisingly good standard and the 'Pavarotti' and ''Tenors' were very popular. The 'Lord of the Dance' troupe were proficient but I don't know if the non British audience quite understood it.
With these comments we highly commend this hotel resort.
- Also Known As:
- Lopesan Costa Meloneras Hotel
- Lopesan Costa Meloneras Hotel Maspalomas
- Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa And Casino
- Gran Hotel Maspalomas
- Gran Resort Maspalomas
- Costa Meloneras
- Hotel Costa Meloneras
- Gran Hotel Costa Meloneras
- Gran Hotel Lopesan Costa Meloneras
- Gran Costa Meloneras
- Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino Maspalomas, Gran Canaria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Corallium Spa & Casino is situated on the sea front on thesouth part of Gran Canaria, very close to the Dunes of Maspalomas Nature Preserve. It issurrounded by an undeniable natural beauty environment, this spectacular hotel complex offers allthat is needed to enjoy unforgettable holidays, full of restful moments, leisure and fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Olotels, Otel, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.