Had a weeks stay at this wonderful hotel. Initial welcome by bell boy courtesy and politeness from check in staff.We were then taken onto terrace for a complimentary glass of "champagne" which was Cava but still excellent, and the hotel facilities were explained. Great room overlooking pool and gardens. Meals were excellent, buffet breakfasts, a la carte dinners and 3 "barbecue" evenings. All food of highest quality, well presented, wide variety and served with style and grace. Staff throughout the hotel all appeared to be happy to work there. No grumpy faces and all extremely obliging. Hotel manager often in evidence and she and other senior staff made it their business to check that everything was ok. Entertainment during dinner, which then transferred on to the pool terrace until 10pm. This was followed by further entertainment in lounge.
Three pools, one where under 16's are excluded. Sauna, steam and massages also available. Very close to wide expanse of beach though why anyone would want to leave this oasis of peace and calm and head for the sand is not obvious to me. Majority of guests were older and consequently understood how to behave. Unfortunately there was a group of 6 adults and 2 older children ( possibly from Essex area judging by accents) who seemed to lack any comprehension of how to speak quietly and what the sign for no inflatables in the main pool meant. Their behaviour and attitude (noted also in a previous review) did nothing to endear the English to the other nationalities on holiday there.Thankfully they spent the majority of the day on the beach but it was quite obvious when they had arrived either by the pool or at dinner. Other than this irritation the whole week was one of relaxation and spoiling, and I would recommend this hotel and will certainly be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Palm Beach, the first and until now only member of “Design Hotels” on Gran Canaria, can be found alongside the nature reserve and sand-dunes of Maspalomas, set in an extensive palm grove, a unique and privileged location. For those in search of tranquility and the highest standard of cuisine, at just a few steps from the beach, this hotel is the perfect location for couples and families of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Seaside Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Palm Beach Hotel Maspalomas
- Seaside Hotel Maspalomas
- Palm Beach Gran Canaria
- Seaside Palm Beach Maspalomas, Gran Canaria