My husband and I and a couple of friends spent the first week in July at the Seaside Palm Beach and what a find (thank you Tripadvisor reviewers). From the moment we arrived everything was superb and queries dealt with really quickly. We were given a sea facing room at first although we had booked a pool facing room as reccomended. One of the wonderful team of duty managers was immediately summoned and our room changed. The team of duty managers (all female as far as we could tell) were so attentive and helpful constantly checking all was well - special thanks to Stephanie. Rooms well appointed, spotless and spacious and being pool side we had sun all afternoon, lovely to sit out before dinner. Dinner as others describe alternate between Barbeque/Buffet and Al a Carte. All the food was delicious, if there was a course not to your liking on the al la carte evenings they would happily offer an alternative. As for the barbeque I can honestly say that the description is a real understatement - so much choice and so fresh and uterlly delicious. We also swapped dinner for lunch a couple of times and the lunch offering was also superb. We loved the sea facing pool, joining in the (very easy) pool aerobics, using the lovely open air gym and playing boule. Beds were always available, towels in abundance. The sunbeds are possibly the most comfortable ever.
It as also our first experience of Maspalomas - we wanted a week in the sun, near the beach, with a spa, gym, some walks - the beach and dunes are amazing, lovely retail therapy, bit of entertainment and an alternative choice of restaurants and bars. We got it all.
As to the hotel being full of Germans after all it is German owned and benefits from their great efficiency, we found ourselves speaking to Dutch, Spanish, Austrian, Belgian, French and of course good old Brits.
We were sorry to leave and will be go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Palm Beach, the first and until now only member of “Design Hotels” on Gran Canaria, can be found alongside the nature reserve and sand-dunes of Maspalomas, set in an extensive palm grove, a unique and privileged location. For those in search of tranquility and the highest standard of cuisine, at just a few steps from the beach, this hotel is the perfect location for couples and families of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Seaside Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Palm Beach Hotel Maspalomas
- Seaside Hotel Maspalomas
- Palm Beach Gran Canaria
- Seaside Palm Beach Maspalomas, Gran Canaria