This was our 5th stay and once again we were not disappointed. It's a Riu Palace so you are going to get a very high standard of everything.
We always book online via Tompson and at the time of booking a villa was only 0ne quid a night extra over the standard hotel room, bargin. I've noticed that these deals seem to just pop up now and again, we went to Cyprus the other year and got half board for 1 penny a night extra.
The villas are worth the extra anyway, stacks of room and the air con is very good. When we have stayed in the main hotel the air con performance has been variable.
Now, we had not been back for two years as the place was looking a little tired but I'm glad to say it has been spruced up and is looking clean and fresh.
Had no trouble with the usual charge for sunbeds but then again, I'm an early riser and can beat any German!
Bar prices are reasonable and I was paying 9 quid for two treble G&Ts, the spirits are still poured from the bottle in front of you and if you chat to the server at the same time they generally put a lot more in as they are distracted!
The buffet is always crowded but the food is very good and there is something for everyone. I still find that fat controller in the dinning room treats the germans better than the english, I nicknamed him Joe 90, if you go you will understand why, he has been there a few years now.
One thing I did notice this year was a lot more younger families than normal.
I did write last time that fresh fruit had disappeared at breakfast time but it was there this time around.
Folk keep complaining that english channels are very few on the TV, why do you want to go on holiday and watch TV? I think it's great most of them are in german as this keeps them away from the pool area,
We will be going back, it feels like home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Maspalomas. Next to the sea and near El Faro. 3-Storey main building and 1-storey villas, surrounded by a 40,000 m2 garden with access to the beachfront promenade. Colonial-style architecture. 800 M from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 Km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 M from various shops. 37 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Meloneras Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Meloneras Hotel Maspalomas
- Hotel Riu Palace Meloneras Resort Maspalomas, Gran Canaria