This was our 5th visit to this hotel, we always stay in a villa in the grounds, and have always been given ground floor suites in the past (which I prefer) but this time we were given a first floor suite. They are exactly the same except they are carpeted throughout (except the bathroom!) so feel cosier than the ground floor, but if it rains during the day, you cant even sit on your balcony as you've nothing above you keeping you dry. Thankfully though it didnt rain, in fact it was fantastic hot weather all week.
The hotel is as fantastic as ever, we arrived at 9pm and was told we could go to the restaurant at 10.30 to get a cold buffet, this was new as I'm sure we've never been offered this in the past, and was exactly what we needed.
The only thing wrong with this hotel is the entertainment, it is dire. When we first went to this hotel 5 years ago you couldn't get a seat & the atmosphere was great, but the couple of times we went in this time it was embarrassing how the poor acts were only performing to no more than 10 people! The management should surely realise the decline in numbers!!!
All staff are still great, mad martin is still there & he is much better than the hotel entertinment!
I had a hot stone back massage in the Wellness centre, it was absolutely wonderful, if a little strange when she pulled my bikini bottoms down and massaged my bum too so be warned.....
We were able to keep our suite on until 6pm on our last day as our flight was an evening flight which made our last day great, although it did cost us 50euros, it was still well worth it.
All in all an excellent holiday, will be returning next year.......
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Meloneras Hotel Maspalomas
- Riu Palace Meloneras Hotel
- Hotel Riu Palace Meloneras
- Riu Palace Meloneras
- Hotel Riu Palace Meloneras Resort Maspalomas, Gran Canaria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Maspalomas. Next to the sea and near El Faro. 3-storey main building and 1-storey villas, surrounded by a 40,000 m2 garden with access to the beachfront promenade. Colonial-style architecture. 800 m from Maspalomas sand dune beach. 6 km from the centre of Playa del Ingles. 200 m from various shops. 37 km from the airport. 50 m from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Meloneras Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.