“Good and bad” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
“Good and bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

There are good things to say about this hotel. The gym is GREAT, which I really appreciate! The breakfast is fine, with some healthy selections, and the dinner I had in the restaurant was above all expectations.

BUT the hotel in itself has a boring location, is run down, has a greedy attitude when it comes to details - and a very low service level. My kettle did not work, which the receptionist at first refused to believe. Neither did the remote control to the television. Nor the card to the hotel room. But not once did one receptionist say sorry. Instead they all seemed to follow the device "blame the customer".

Also I find it remarkable that an hotel that calls itself a business-sport-hotel does not have things like conditioner and lotion in the room. Only a combined soap-shampoo, which seems really greedy to me.

So no, I would not stay there again, even though the gym is great and the oatmeal the best I have had!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tina K, Reservations manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm Bromma, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We apologize that you did not get the service you are supposed to get when you stay with us. We always strive to make our guests feel welcome and I'm really sorry that we did not succeed this time.
Thank you for your positive comments regarding our Health Club and restaurant.
If you change your mind you are more than welcome to stay with us again and we will definitely do our best to make a better impression.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Genova
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I chose the Mornington Hotel at Bromma mostly because it is near our customer offices so I do not need to drive or take public transport.
Mornington at Bromma defines it self as the "first business-sports hotel" and in fact in my room, than was wide and comfortable, the were some sport equipment and a card with workouts explanations. This was in line with the fact that I packed my running clothes in the hope to find out time to workout. I had also the time to do some exercise in my room.
The presence of the iron and ironing board was a really good surprise, I stayed more than two weeks and I used these devices more than once.
Breakfast is ok, while the restaurant is a little bit below the medium, service is really too slow, dishes are average.
Reception is ok, back office is great, they understand the problem I had with my credit card and allow my office to pay by bank.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tina K, Reservation manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm Bromma, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your review!
I'm sorry to hear that you experienced the restaurant below medium. I will forward your comments to the restaurant and I hope that we can make a better impression in the future.
I hope that you will come back to stay with us and than also have time to visit our Health Club.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

A laidback hotel with nice standard. If you don't want to live in the city this is good place to stay. Restautant serveves a variety of dishes that could suit most people and prices are ok. The gym is good. Easy to park the car. Close to Bromma airport.

• Stayed February 2013
Tina K, Reservations manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm Bromma, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for nice and informative review!
We hope that you will come back to stay with us again.
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

While hotel is not in Stockholm 'Central' it is convenient to all public transportation.
The breakfast was very nice[and well attended] the 4 days of my stay.
it is primarily a business hotel with a popular health club, and all the hotel staff look
like olympic athletes in training.
I had a medical issue requiring me to return to the US earlier than planned,
and the help the staff gave me in arranging a clinic visit and my return to the
US was above and beyond what i could have expected

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your nice review!
We hope that you feel better and that you will stay with us again next time you are in Stockholm!
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The hotel located in Bromma which is around 30mins metro and bus away from the city.

Hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful.

That do have gym and sanua on the 6th floor. also you can hire / borrow roller skates / blades and boots from the reception amongst many other sports equipment.

The room was very nice, and good breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Tina K, Reservations manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm Bromma, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your review!
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will come back again soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Unfortunately I have the greatest displeasure of being booked into this Prison Block again. The Warden (aka receptionist) once again made me completely unwelcome and has the customer service skills of a frozen cucumber. On check in she advised me that on the third night I will have to move to a different room because they are fully booked. Really? and how am I going to do that exactly? Pack up on Tuesday night, check out and take everything to the office and then arrive fresh faced on Wednesday evening to unpack into a new room to check out on Thursday?? Please!! That doesn't even make sense. And the fact they are fully booked becomes my problem how exactly. She did however make a note that I would prefer to stay in the same room (well done Einstein!!). This Hotel also needs to make its mind up what it actually is. It is completely sports and gym based and all of the staff look like they are about to jump up and invite you to water gymnastics like a cheap Benidorm hotel. Eager to discover more, I popped up to the (have to say extremely well equipped) gym on the 6th floor and guess what - it was completely empty. So they are catering only for the super fit, however the majority of the clientele are business customers. I dont have anything against getting fit but I also dont expect to be looked down on by snooty staff just because I turn up in a suit instead of trendy gym gear - ps they sell the most calorific burgers in the restaurant (which incidentally is extortionate in price and lacking in choice!! you can get a MUCH better salad at a third of the price at City Gross if you cross the road. Anyway - I dont really have a choice about not stopping here as my business is within walking (thats healthy I guess) distance, but if you are visiting this beautiful country / city please do yourself a favour and stop somewhere else. Going back to my 10 x 10 cell with its bunk bed and flat pillows now... and no I'm not kidding!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tina K, Reservations manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm Bromma, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. Your comments are very important for us as we are constantly working on improving our guest service.

If you want to give any further information or have any questions please contact me on tina.karell@mornington.se
Riga, Latvia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Hotel is situated quite apart from the city center and mostly dedicated to sport activists and business guests. There are some public transportation possibilities, but wouldn't say very convenient. Taxi is a better choice, but considering prices in Sweden this option might hit your wallet. Very close to the Bromma airport. Standard room is tiny and all about utility - really good option if you need just to stay overnight and you expect nothing more from the hotel. Clean, minimalistic, effective - nothing extra. Breakfast is good and reach. Inner floor planning might be confusing for a first time and reminds a maze from Hogwarts dungeons ;) In overall hotel is ok if you prefer this specific location, if not there are plenty other better options for the same money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tina K, Reservations manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm Bromma, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time write a review!
Regarding the public transportation I'm sorry that you did not find it convenient. There will be a commuter train available from the summer 2013 and a station is located close to the hotel.
We strive to give all our guests the chance to be active when they travel and not just stay overnight. For example we arrange activities like wine-tastings and seminars once a week. I hope you would like to visit us again!

Been to Mornington Hotel Stockholm Bromma? Share your experiences!