“Comfortable and quiet airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
30% discount
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bromma
Mariehamn, Finland
“Comfortable and quiet airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Really Comfortable hotel which is located very close from the Bromma airport(only few hundred meters) so it was perfect for my early flight. No isolation problem between the rooms or noise from the airport.They have a good restaurant for the evening and a great breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Katarina E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS STHLM Bromma, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a review! We are happy to hear that you found the hotel comfortable. We hope to see you soon again. Welcome back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Monroe, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We enjoyed our two nights here in a very quiet hotel despite being near an airport and a busy street. The front desk staff was always helpful, and there was a basket of fresh fruit available at all times. The restaurant food was also fine for both breakfast and dinner. We were allowed to use the hotel's computers to print boarding passes for our flight out the next day. And the restaurant opened at 5:45 AM, in time for us to eat before our early flight. We liked this hotel very much.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Katarina E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS STHLM Bromma, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for a very nice review! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you soon again.
Hamilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I really liked this hotel. We stayed here as part of a tour group and were treated very well. Yes it is quite a way from the city but even though by an airport you did not hear the planes at all. Loved their beds and bathrooms, all in all a good experience. All staff were very helpful and their Internet connection was great.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Katarina E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS STHLM Bromma, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your review! Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Warm welcome back!
Edgewater, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I booked this hotel because of its location near the Friends Arena. Boy was that a mistake. I first realized I had made a mistake when I asked at the tourist bureau for directions and they had never heard of the hotel and had to look up how to get there. It took a train and bus ride. When I got off the bus I could see the hotel in the back end of a giant parking lot but could not figure out how to get there from where I was. I asked a taxi driver who suggested walking around a long fence and through the shopping center parking lot. It took forever to walk the length of two football fields with my luggage. Once I arrived the front desk staff let me know that everyone misses the break in the fence that is the short and easy way from the bus stop to the hotel. If everyone misses it, how about posting a sign? When I asked for directions to the Friends Arena the staff had to look it up on line. One staff member gave me directions which another staff member decided were not the right way to go. The bus stop closest to the hotel was closed for pick up requiring me to walk even further from the hotel. Then I had to take two buses. On the way back I was left stranded on an empty street in a quiet suburb. Thankfully a bus driver going the other way took pity on me and took me to a stop on the other side of the shopping center parking lot. He did so because he was not sure if the buses going the other way had stopped running. I looked at the posted bus schedule and expected another bus to come at some point but it was cold, dark and I was all alone. It was quite scary. When I got back I arrange to changed hotels in the morning to one in the center of Stockholm which was only a seven minute train ride to the stop closest to the arena. The next morning the staff still insisted the hotel was the place to stay for events at the arena. I was sure I had made the right decision to change when the staff had to look up how I could best get to Central Station. Isn't that something they should know? I was very disappointed that the staff did not know how to get to the arena or the Central Station by public transportation.

The hotel hallways are dark and the light switch for the light over my bed was so far from the bed I had to get up to switch it off. Just to make matters worse, there was a drunk man asleep in the lounge on my floor.

On the plus side, if you have a flight out of, or into the Bromma airport this is the closest hotel. The room was clean and the breakfast was good. I would rather have had the staff make waffles and squeeze the oranges for juice rather than have me do it as I was in a rush and it took me a long time to make a waffle and squeeze the oranges.

To wrap it all up. If you want to see Stockholm, this is not the place to stay. It is very out of the way and hard to get to. If you want to attend an event at the Friends arena, remember it is two buses away. It seemed to me this is a hotel for business people only.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Katarina E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS STHLM Bromma, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Unfortunately this review was very sad to read and we are truly very sorry you had a bad stay with us. The hotel is actually only 5 km away from Friends Arena and there is a local bus that can take you there (no need to change bus). We can only apologize that the Tourist office did not know about the hotel which opened 1,5 years ago and that the taxi driver pointed you the wrong direction. There are plenty of signs showing the right way to the hotel at the airport. Since the Airport is investing a lot of money in a new terminal the coming years it is difficult for us to make them do more about the walkway than they already have done.
The new terminal is going to be situated right next to the hotel instead of in front of it.
You wrote that the reception staff did not know how to direct you. Of course they should know this. The day you were here we had a new receptionist at the front desk, this is probably why the other receptionist helped out with you questions. Since there are plenty of options on how to go to the city center it depend on what time you go and this is why they wanted to look up the most convenient way for you to get to the city center.
Concerning the drunk man that was asleep in the lounge we would like to explain that our night staff are carrying out security rounds in the building during the night and when they find something like this they always take action, according to our records so even this night. We apologize that this happened.
If you want to stay in the city center this hotel is not a correct choice but if you do not mind being a bit outside the city center and want to be close to Friends Arena we would say it is.
Rembertów, Warszawa, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel is located near the Bromma blocks and the Bromma Airport, in comfortable distance (~20-30 mins by car) from the centre of the Stockholm and approximately 10 mins from Kista. Rooms are quiet, well equipped and designed and the beds are comfortable. Room size was okay for me (business traveller) The hotel have Sauna which is ok both in size and quality and Gym, which while small, do have good selection of good quality equipment and is okay even for everyday use.
Staff is helpful and polite, even if you need something around 0 am.
Breakfast is okay with good choice of food present in breakfast buffet.
Internet connection is quite fast, and no connectivity problems were observed during my stay
All in all - will visit this hotel again :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Katarina E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS STHLM Bromma, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you very much for giving us a review at trip advisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found that the hotel met your expectations. We will be very happy to welcome you again. Warm welcome back!
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

A very good business hotel, they have everything you need including free easy to access WiFi. Excellent location for Bromma Airport. I had a problem with my door key - at one point getting locked in my room! - and the staff dealt with it very well, providing me with an alternative, upgraded, room.
Unfortunately the restaurant lets them down. The menu is very limited, with little choice if you don't eat meat. Only approximately 6 main courses all together. The staff were surly and slow, at one point my colleague had to go and find them to try to find out what had happened to our dinner. When mine arrived it was lukewarm but I ate it anyway as any interaction with the staff was not worth the effort. Having said that, the breakfast and buffet lunch were good.
But for dinner, go next door to Bromma Blocks and get something in the food court, or take a taxi to the city centre.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Katarina E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS STHLM Bromma, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a review! We are very happy that you liked the hotel. Regarding the restaurant opinions you had it was sad that you felt that it was not worth the effort to inform the staff. They are there for you and one of their tasks is to correct mistakes.
We hope to see you again in the future. Warm welcome back!
Athens, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was there for a business trip and staid for 4 days. The standard rooms are too small and if you stay on the 2nd floor you are actually at the road! I had to ask for a switch which was done easily but I had to transfer all my staff by myself because nobody from the personnel offered to help! The only think it’s provided in the bathroom is only soap and that’s about it.

I also visited the hotel’s restaurant where the food was fairly good but the service was extremely slow. I would definitely not choose to stay at this hotel again when I visit Stockholm!

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor!!!