“Excellent location, great service, but no covered walkway from Airport to hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS STHLM Bromma

30% discount
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bromma
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at this wonderful Best Western Plus near Bromma airport because of locations and the need to fly a Swedish domestic flight early in the morning. The hotel is relatively new and the lobby is wonderfully decorated. The check-in staffs were welcoming and everyone were very helpful throughout my short stay. The room was European size, aka relatively small, and it was expected. The room was clean and everything worked fine, including the complimentary wifi. My only complaint was the lack of clear signage from airport to hotel and with the snow covering the walkway, it was a bit difficult to walk in the chilly weather even I was traveling with my laptop bag and a roller type carry on bag. The hotel replied that a covered walkway was in the planning but possibly not for a while. However, clearer signage will be nice. I will definitely return to this hotel if I need to fly to and from Bromma airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Katarina E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS STHLM Bromma, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy you enjoyed the hotel! There are big plans for Bromma Airport and a completely new terminal is going to be built next to the hotel, due to this fact it is difficult to invest a lot of money in a walkway to the old terminal which will be closed in a few years. We still hope you will come back to us and wish you most welcome next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Although a little difficult to get to if you don't fly into Bromma, The staff were exceptionally friendly and courteous. I really enjoyed the food, and for the Stockholm area I thought the hotel was well priced. Wifi was included in my rate and was really easy to log into and worked well.

All in I would stay here again, but would look at other hotels simply because of the difficulty in getting there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review of the hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write. We are also very happy that you liked the hotel. For your information it will be easier to get here in the near future since there will be a tram stop next to Bromma Blocks in a few month time.
Warm welcome back!
Aliso Viejo, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I picked this hotel because I was coming from Malmo had to fly to Kalmar and then had a flight to Dusseldorf from Arlanda. The hotel website said that they had a shuttle service to Arlanda for 180 SEK (~ USD 25) and I thought that it would be convenient. When I got there the front desk informed me that the shuttle service had not existed for a few months. Had I known about this I would have either stayed in Stockholm central or at Arlanda.
Getting there: The hotel is walking distance from Bromma airport, if you know how to get there which is not obvious. When you exit the airport you can see the hotel sign about 500 feet away but it looks like the path to it is blocked. Exit the airport and walk to the left of the taxi stand (which goes uphill) and cross the street and walk along the fence until you find an opening (there may actually be a sign that says and points in the direction of the hotel) and you will be there in a couple of minutes once through the fence.
Here is my summary – I try to take into account the things you might find important on a business trip

Location: Great if you need to stay near Bromma, horrible otherwise
Room: Spacious, comfortable beds, temperature control in room
Bathroom: Large for Nordic hotel, well lit, shaving mirror
Workspace: Average, 2 power sockets available at table, not much room on the desk if you have a laptop on it
Wi-Fi: Very good, free. Easily able to connect to my work network and work remotely.
Breakfast: Reasonable, selection of everything one might look for, included in (my) price
Negatives : Not much else is available nearby and the hotel is not inexpensive. You can get much better deals in Stockholm if you need to be closer to the center of the city.

Staff at the hotel was very nice and helpful.

I’d probably not stay here again – unless I had a very early morning flight out of Bromma.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Katarina E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS STHLM Bromma, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
We are not a city hotel but an airport hotel right next to Bromma Airport. A 3 min walk, you easily see the big building from the airport exit along with signs. We would like to think this is not too hard to find. We are sorry for the wrong information about the airport shuttle that you found on Best Westerns web page, we just got informed that this information is there and we are trying to get it removed as soon as possible, unfortunately we cannot access this information ourselves.
Our hotel is great if you fly in our our from Bromma or have a car, we also have a great shopping mall just around the corner but of course if you like to stay in the city center then you should book something else. Welcome back!
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

only 300 from the Bromma airport (but you don't hear it at all!) - so perfect for early flight/late arrival.
Rooms are small but well organised ( I took room without the window and it was good choice). Bed was excellent and I liked heated floor in the bathroom. Coffee and tea in the room, or you could have coffee or tea from the machine located in the nice lobby on the 4th and 5th floor. At the reception there were fruits and candies available all the time. Breakfast was faboulous - huge choice, well presented, you could have (do it youself) freshly squeezed orange juice or gouffers.

Hotel is well connected with the city - easiest way to get to the center is bus to central station ( http://www.flygbussarna.se/?lang=EN )

Only minus - as I had a very early flight I asked at the reception for a wake up call - it never rang :-( (don't think I overslept - I set alarm in my mobile at 5:20 and get up then and wake up call was supposed to be at 5:25)

Would I stay ther again- definitley yes but I will take an alarm o'clock with me ;-)

Room Tip: room without a window is a good choice - it is dark so you sleep well. If you don't want to sit...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Katarina E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS STHLM Bromma, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We would also like to apologize for the missed wake up call. This should not happend and we will look over our routines to prevent this from happening again. Warm welcome back!
Albuquerque
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have made 30-40 trips to Europe in my life and covered every country but the Baltic States and Russia and I have never had such a small closet called a hotel room. No windows and the room is smaller than our nursery (10ft x15ft). Fortunately there are no cockroaches because there wouldn't be any room left for us. There are hundreds of hotel rooms within a hour drive that far exceed this place. There is no subway station, no bus station and the airplanes on the runway won't work for a short hop into town. I talked with Jenny Mildton the new hotel manager but she refused to do anything and blamed Expedia for not explaining that room was a former bomb bunker built in 1946. Go elsewhere, anywhere. I'm glad to be out of here and into the Hilton tomorrow.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Katarina E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS STHLM Bromma, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Our building was constructed in 1946 and was formerly the Scandinavian Airlines head-quarters. The renowned architect is Paul Hedqvist. The building has been completely renovated and has turned into a modern hotel with a warm feeling and has nothing to do with a bomb bunker. In this hotel we have 6 different room categories, from small economy rooms with no windows to a large suite with two rooms. As I explained the reservation was made through Hotwire and entitled to an economy room with no window according to their terms and conditions, clearly stated on their reservation page. I offered an upgrade to a standard room at a very small charge of SEK 200, as a nice gesture. You declined and stated that you were going to give us a bad review. We are very sorry that you are not satisfied with your stay, but we did give you the room type that you had booked and we also gave you an alternative to upgrade your stay.
If you would have asked us regarding city connections, we could have informed you that there are many bus stops around the hotel. There is also the airport coach that runs between the city and the airport during the whole day. This stop is about 200 meters from the hotel.
Once again, we are sorry you were not satisfied.

Jenny Mildton, Hotel Manager
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed there two nights (Thu-Sat). Booked cheapest available single room, with roof window only. Relied on my BW Diamond status to get an upgrade to a room with a view - with no luck.
Standard very much like the Scandic brand.

Just a few minutes by foot from BMA airport, but 10 km from downtown Stockholm.

No minibar. TV with a few international channels.
Breakfast was ok, and a nice touch was the selfservice juicer (with a bowl fullof half oranges), and it might have been useful in a private home for use every Sunday, but it was just not suitable for professional use.
Another breakfast issue was the undercooked hashbrowns, which should have had double the time in the fryer to have been crispy.

Nice lounge area at top floors (4th to 6th floor, IIRC), with computers, free coffee and nice view over Bromma airport.

Nice and moderm gym at ground level.

Friday morning the maid knocked on the door around 11am, and I asked her to return an hour later. I left my room 11.45am, and put the "Please clean my room"-sign on the door, but when I returned at night, my room was untouched. Had to call for clean towels the next morning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Katarina E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS STHLM Bromma, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy you ejoyed your stay but would also like to appologize for the flaws you experienced. We have taken note of the things you pointed out regarding our breakfast and have also ordered new door signs since we have had a few misunderstandings due to how they were printed. Thanks again and warm welcome back!
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed for two nights at the end of a coach tour. Located adjacent to Bromma Airport for internal Scandanavian flights and by a busy duel carriage way. However, rooms are triple glazed and have airconditioning and you don't hear any noise. Also by a large Galleria shopping centre, coop supermarket and kebab shop. A reasonable size room. Twin beds in my single room. Bed was comfortable and slept well. Good bathroom and walk in shower/wet room. Tea and coffee making facilities in room also available in the lounge areas on floors 4 and 5. Iron and ironing board in cupboard. Good size TV. Hotel done out with modern style furniture which is not particularly comfortable to sit in, eg the chair in my room I would have not been able to get out of! Buffet breakfast was OK, good choice, but the quality was not as good as in the rest of the hotels on my tour. We also had an evening meal there and the same comment about the quality applied. Hotel cafe/restaurants in the shopping centre which is open to around 8 pm. Not a good hotel to explore Stockholm as it is not easy to get back and forth too, although I understand that there is an airport bus that can be used which stops around 8 30 pm. Two computers available in the reception area and I believe wifi is generally available.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Katarina E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS STHLM Bromma, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a review! We are happy to hear that you seemed to enjoy your stay. However it was sad to hear thad our breakfast and dinner did not meet your expectations. It would have been interesting to hear what you were lacking at the buffet.
We wish you a warm welcome back!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS STHLM Bromma? Share your experiences!