We have just returned from this hotel after a most enjoyable stay. We booked a good deal on the internet and for the price we paid I believe we had good value for money. We had read the reviews before we booked so had some idea what to expect, you generally get what you pay for. We paid cheap and we got cheap,certainly not as advertised a 4 star hotel. The hotel itself is clean and tidy and looks like it may have been refurbished recently. The rooms the same, but walls and ceilings were wafer thin,but nothing earplugs didnt sort. The Dining room and bar same, but very basic,hard back chairs and no comfortable seats,very canteen like. The Food ok for this standard of hotel. The staff were mainly Bangledesh and Eastern European(surprisingly with the massive unemployment in Spain,but you can form your own opinions on that), but they carried out their duties to the best of their abilities.
On departure day as we had a late flight we asked the manager if we could have a late check out. He said he needed the room, but would let have the use of another for 50 Euros and that they did not provide courtesy rooms and that we could get washed in the toilets. I pointed out that in my many years staying in Hotels of varying standards normaly I would expect either an extended check out time for a nominal fee or the use of a courtesy room. His response was that in his 20 years working in the business he was unaware of this practice. But there it is, what do you expect,maybe this is why this hotel is of the standard it is. Management of a certain standard providing services and managing of that standard.
As I have mentioned previously, we enjoyed our stay, but would probably not stay there again, but would recommend it to anyone on a buget. However, bearing in mind, this hotel is in no shape or form a 4 star hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar and only 150 meters away from the great beach of Tossa and 200 meters from the town centre the Hotel Tossa Center **** has a priviledged location. The hotel has 74 rooms, 24 hour reception, Wifi at a charge, restaurant with buffet service for all meals*, internet corner, snack bar* and a small but cozy swimming pool. The Hotel Tossa Center **** is ideal for couples and families who want to enjoy a pleasant relaxed holiday, in one of the most beautiful towns of the Costa Brava, Tossa de Mar; where they can admire the fort wall, the old town, dream beaches, quaint bars, restaurants and boutiques which are the main attractions of this enchanting town. *Some of these services are provided by its sister hotel, the hotel Tossa Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Tossa Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tossa Hotel Tossa De Mar
- Tossa Center Resort All Inclusive
- Tossa Center De Mar
- Tossa Center Hotel Tossa De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain