When we arrived in Tossa de Mar, coaches were not allowed to go down the narrow streets into the town and dropped us off at the bus station. Everyone asked how to get to their hotels but the Spanish driver spoke no English and some 20 couples set of pulling suitcases. After about 20 mins, we found our hotel.
Check in was quick and efficient and we were given a double room with balcony. Double room! a Wendy House has more floor area than that room. The double bed was pushed into an alcove with one side up to the wall. Whomsoever slept on that side had difficulties getting out. There was only one bedside cabinet. If the bed and cabinet were pushed up to the wall, then the room door would just open. If either were one half inch out of place, the room door would not open. (Surely, that's a fire risk?)
With the wardrobe and dressing table, there was not enough room for two people to stand on the floor at the same time.
The bathroom was 'small'!. Be careful using the shower. It's very powerful and there's no shortage of hot water. The bath is small and the toilet is next to the bath. Be careful not to put your foot into the toilet pan as you leave the shower!.
The balcony. BEWARE!. The room floor is 9" lower that the balcony floor so so practice that manoeuvre before you've been to the bar!.
The hotel is spotlessly clean. The food is average. The hot food is cold and it's the same every day. Can't go wrong with the salads!.
Tossa de Mar is a lovely town with plenty to see. It's a pity this hotel spoils it. It's the only noisy one in the village. This hotel is not a 4*. 2* at best.
We spotted some really nice hotels and would try one of those if we go there again. Would certainly not consider this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar and only 150 meters away from the great beach of Tossa and 200 meters from the town centre the Hotel Tossa Center **** has a priviledged location. The hotel has 74 rooms, 24 hour reception, Wifi at a charge, restaurant with buffet service for all meals*, internet corner, snack bar* and a small but cozy swimming pool. The Hotel Tossa Center **** is ideal for couples and families who want to enjoy a pleasant relaxed holiday, in one of the most beautiful towns of the Costa Brava, Tossa de Mar; where they can admire the fort wall, the old town, dream beaches, quaint bars, restaurants and boutiques which are the main attractions of this enchanting town. *Some of these services are provided by its sister hotel, the hotel Tossa Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Tossa Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tossa Hotel Tossa De Mar
- Tossa Center Resort All Inclusive
- Tossa Center De Mar
- Tossa Center Hotel Tossa De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain