“Good value, nice hotel shame about the wifi!!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Marina Tossa to your Saves list
Hotel Marina Tossa
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda Catalunya 33-35, 17320 Tossa de Mar, Spain   |
Ranked #20 of 43 hotels in Tossa de Mar
“Good value, nice hotel shame about the wifi!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Lovely small hotel, walking distance to tossa which is a lovely Spanish town and has a lot more picturesque parts and a nice old town compared to neighbouring towns like loret de mar, never had a problem getting a sunbed whatever time you went down to the immaculate pool and bar area, we had a superior room which was lovely and had a good air con system, no bedrooms above or below either! Breakfast was nice and there was a good variety of nationalities in the hotel (not many British at all) the only downside was the awful wifi which we complained about a few times and they just shrugged their shoulders!! It was one of the reasons we chose it over another hotel to Skype our children, so it was a significant annoyance to us, overall though I would recommend this hotel esp the superior rooms

• Stayed August 2013

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

we had a superior room and it was a very beautiful room with pool view.
we were very happy during our holliday in hotel Marina tossa.
But if you stay after supper in the hotel it's a little bit boring there.
It seems like al the people are already sleeping in the hotel...
But you can chose one of the beautiful pub's on the beach.
we come back next year !! :)

Room Tip: take a superior room !!! They are so goooood ! with airco, a minibar, modern bathroom, flatscreen...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Before I start this review, lets get things into perspective: return flights from Newcastle, return transfers Girona to Tossa, one week bed and breakfast, total cost for me and the missus less than 500 pounds.

Hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the beach and about 1 minute from the weekly Thursday morning market.
Reception appears to be manned 24/7, always friendly and good English.
Room is small: 2 single beds, fitted wardrobe, small table and chair, flat screen TV (BBC world news), small bathroom with adequate shower (hot water always available) and an average balcony with the obligatory plastic table and 2 plastic chairs. The rooms are cleaned, beds made and toiletries replenished daily.
No lifts in the hotel.
The main pool is large, deep and spotlessly clean. Water cold. Also a small kids pool. All surrounded by well kept grassed area and more than enough sun-beds. Adjacent activities include 2 well maintained tennis courts, 2 pool tables and a bocce/petanque/boules area. Very good.

Breakfast: a very good selection of pastries, cold meats, cheeses, cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts, fruit juices, coffees and herbal teas which were constantly replenished by the excellent breakfast staff.

In summary, excellent value for money. Of course, there is no pleasing some folks and having experienced this hotel personally, I can only conclude that an overly critical review reveals more about the reviewer than it does about the hotel.

I have already recommended this hotel to a friend about to visit this area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Just returned from Marina Tossa I will give a honest review
Good points . Nice location , nice pool, clean hotel , breakfast ok
Bad Points , Small rooms, no air con, no English tv small bathrooms only one electric point
when I booked the hotel I requested A pool view and double bed what I got was a shoe box at the side of the building with single beds very hot at night no air con I asked for a move but was refused twice this is more of a hostel than hotel when I arrived there was a large party of school children very noisy at times I liked Tossa de mar but not this hotel I will not recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gerona, Catalonia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I havent't stayed overnight yet, I will next month, but I have been there for dinner. The food is very good, if you want to eat at the terrace instead of the buffet you can get pizza, burgers, etc.
The staff is very nice, helpful and attentive. Everything is very clean.
A plus is the performances on Thursdays and Saturdays. A lovely girl with a beautiful voice and her guitar makes Thursday evenings special. On Saturdays they have Flamenco. I feel so relaxed there. I can't wait to spend my holidays at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Well, my family stayed in this hotel three times. The hotel isn't in the noisy center of town but only ten minutes from Grand beach by foot. The hotel have two pool: one is big and one for kids. Also it have two tennis courts. We've booked a room with a terrace. The room is no big but very clean (it's cleaned everydays). There are a small fridge and a free bar (always refill) in the room. The breakfast is lavish: alot of fruits, juices, yogurts, cereals and more. But one biggest plus "Marina Tossa" is its personnel. They are always patient, helpful and friendly! We'll choose this hotel next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The coach from Girona airport dropped us right outside the hotel gates. The hotel is a good 10 minute walk from the beach and old town but I quite like the exercise so that suited us. The pool is huge, one of the biggest I've seen in Tossa, it's cleaned everyday and the big grassed area surrounding the pool & bar always has plenty of space and always free sun loungers.
We were lucky enough to get a free upgrade on our room, from a standard room to a room with a balcony & pool view, I would probably opt for a superior room next time as the balcony was quite small. I was delighted to discover that the beds were really comfortable as I usually have trouble sleeping. Also, the location of the hotel meant that it wasn't as noisy as some of the other hotels I've stayed at in Tossa. The hotel and room was very clean, I didn't see any dirt anywhere!!
Breakfast was lovely, with fresh fruit, toast, yogurts, coffee, juices, cereals and best of all lots of delicious pastries!
The staff were always very friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough to make sure our stay was pleasant. Wifi is in the bar area only. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at Marina Tossa and after staying at 3 other hotels I would definitely choose this one in future.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hotel Marina Tossa? Share your experiences!