“happy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 43 hotels in Tossa de Mar
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

we stayed at tossa center in sep 2012 with my two daughters and their husbands .the food was very good with a wide choice. the rooms were cleaned every day a bit cramped with two double beds in but had a large balcony.all the staff were very helpfull and frendly.just a short walk to a very clean beach .will definitly be returning , thank you for a great week

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

642 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Polish first
Liverpool
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had stayed at the Tossa Beach a few years ago and found it to be acceptable (just). As I was travelling alone this time, I thought I'd give it another try. I had requested a room on a high floor with a full size bath (some dont) and a balcony. Instead, I was given room 8 on the ground floor, which was noisy (opposite the main corridor to the bar/restaurant) dark, dingy, smelly, with a tiny bath and no balcony (just a sliding window overlooking some pipes). After waiting/arguing for around 2 hours, they agreed to move me to the Tossa Centre, the sister hotel just across the road. My room here did have a balcony/bath etc, and was much better, but I had to pay extra for it. Both hotels share the same restaurant which consists of a buffet service of lukewarm food (the same every night). Its more like a school canteen rather than a restaurant. The swimming pool at the Tossa Beach is in total shade for most of the day, the pool at the Tossa Centre is a bit more sunny. The 'entertainment' is at the bar in the Tossa Beach - if your thing is sitting in a hard backed chair listening to a bloke with a dodgy Spanish/Mexican accent wailing 'tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree' then you will enjoy it. I certainly didnt. The only positive things I have to say is that the location is good (just a minutes walk from the beach) and they are cleaning the rooms constantly (a bit much in fact, I just wanted to be left in peace). I love Tossa De Mar and will return in future, but will avoid these hotels like the plague.

Room Tip: specific requests are ignored, so no point in asking for anything in particular
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Harlow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have just returned from a resent break, we were originally booked into the Mar Bella hotel which is a 1 star hotel but you use the facilities of Tossa Beach hotel which was what we did last year, however when we arrived at the Mar Bella hotel it was closed and we were directed to the Tossa Beach hotel, when we got there we were booked in, however we were a party of 6 (3 couples) we asked if our rooms were all together we were told no, we had 2 rooms on the 2nd floor at opposite ends of the hotel and 1 on the 3rd, 2 of the rooms were really good but whatever you do if you get room 211 this is not a double room by a long way you could not walk around the bed, 2 people could not be standing at the same time and the wardrobe was for 1 person and there were ants in the room. The managers were quite rude when asked to be moved, they just said that we had been upgraded from a 1 star to a 4 star and that they were fully booked, however 2 people walkied in off the street and got 2 rooms straight away. Overall this is a nice hotel but I know we will not be going there again.

Room Tip: Make sure that it is not 211
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Arbroath, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Myself and 5 friends have just returned from a 4 night stay here. I had read some reviews beforehand(bad mistake). This hotel was very clean, the staff were brilliant from the girls on the desk to the lovely waiters(especially Victor & Soso(smiler)). The pool was fine and there was a great choice for meals. My only critisism would be that the food was never hot enough and there was only ever chips, a baked potato would have been nice.
The place itself was delightfull. Lots to see and do. Take a trip on the wee train round the town and definately hunt out Karin's Bar, up a wee side street. The sangria is to die for, we should know, we went back 2 nights running.
All in all we had a ball!! and would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
dorset united kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Myself, my friend and three children have just returned from a week long stay here on the 27th of August. Overall i rate the holiday very good the area was fantastic for families, the hotel was very good, the staff were very helpful, polite and friendly, food choices were great, although the entertainment let it down a little, i believe the hotel may have had a refubishment since the photos on here as it was alot different when we got there so i will add some which were taken only last week

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Swansea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have just returned from Tossa after a 3 night weekend break. I booked the hotel not realising that it was owned by the same company we had stayed with for our hen party in Santa Susanna in June. In a way this was comforting as I knew what I was going to get, a very clean hotel where you get what you pay for. The offical photos on tripadvisor are old and the hotel has been renovated since then and it is very modern and clean. With a 4* star hotel you would not usually have to pay for the TV romote control but here you do along with the safe and fridge, you don't have to pay for the air con which is something. Our room had a double bed and a single bed which could both only be accessed from one side, the rooms aren't the biggest and neither are some of the balconies but it does the job and is clean and modern with a flat screen tv. The only channel we coud find in English was ITV3, but how much time do you spend in your room.The bathrooms are also modern with a hairdryer but they only have liquid hand soap at the sink so take your own shampoo ect.
The food is good and always hot and replenished very quiclkly with quite a good choice and quality apart from desert with is the same at every meal. The hotel is for both the tossa beach and tossa center hotel and can get very busy. Snacks are served from the bar when the restaurant closed, tosties, burgers, hotdogs and fries ect. It is the quietest AI hotel I have ever stayed in during the evening and it is probably to do with a lack of evening entertainment. Tossa is a beautiful Spanish resort, which is unusual in the fact that there were alot of Spanish people staying at the hotel and a lack of British bars which for me was perfect. If you like Benidorm this probably is not the place for you but if you like a pretty Spanish resort with tapas bars then you won't be disappointed.
The pools are very small and there are only 40 sunbeds around the pool, not enough for 1 per room, it is also very shaded so it is not ideal if you like to sunbathe all day as the sun does not hit the pool until the afternoon, which is not ideal as some people reserve beds and then go to the beach and do not come back until the afternoon.
The rooms are basic but are super clean and modern,we had a connecting room and the walls are very thin so we did not get much sleep due to people talking, other things and playing music so be aware that others can hear everything.
The hotel is a mixture of mainly Spanish, Russian, French, German and British guests and I found the staff to be hard working and efficient but not overly friendly which was fine with me.
The hotel is on a road down to the beach which is a very short walk away (less than 5 mins slow stroll) it gets very busy and looks quite steep into the water. There are a couple of smaller beaches either side of the main beach and the castle and views from the lighthouse are stunning. I would highly recommend Tossa and this hotel is in a really good location despite its little flaws. The hotel is perfect for a short break but I probably would not chose it as my main holiday of the year due to the small pool and lack of entertainment and to be honest I would probably not stay AI as there are too many nice places to eat where you can have a set menu with wine or sangria for £10.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

My family and I are nearing the end of our week here and have enjoyed it. Tossa de mar is one of the most pretty locations we have stayed, very traditional and very beautiful and at night time is a real treat as you walk along the beach and to the lighthouse/castle etc. the beach during the day is great, ok, not sandcastle sand but it's a nice beach all the same. The little shopping arcades all
Around give you plenty to do and your spoilt for choice if you fancy a change for eats! Ok, back to the hotel, the staff we have found are great, no probs at all, it's all spotless, the pool is small but big enough and our kids, 7&9 can't get enough of it so that says it all. Defo go ai as there is only an max of 1hour in the day that u can't eat! It's soooo worth it and you litterally can drink as much as you like,Amstel beer, you can't go wrong (forget the baileys tho,you have been warned) The food is a little repetitive but is presented and cooked well and for Spanish they do a great full Engli and there is plenty to choose from but like I say a little samey samey. The ONLY real gripe is the lack of evening entertainment! They really could do so much better and I don't know why they don't. I don't care about during the day as I entertain my own kids but of an evening family entertainment should be available. They really need to sort that out as I've read the other reviews and people say the same so is anyone from the hotel marketing depo. taking any note at all!!?? Time will tell.....! For these people who have given negative feedback in general about this hotel I can only guess that they expect far to much and would probably find a fault or two at the bloody ritz!! Trust me, the hotel is fine and for what you pay and can pay elsewhere, you really cant go wrong. Adios....

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Tossa Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!