“awful,awful,awful!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 43 Hotels in Tossa de Mar
manchester
“awful,awful,awful!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

spent three nights here on mini break. first room we was given had a balcony about a metre wide with a brick wall for a view, and a skylight with cracks and taped up as our look down view!!. we spoke to management and asked for a room change as this was not what they show on there website, we offered to pay extra for a better view and room but they told us they were full. asked for a refund with first nights payment deducted so hotel did not lose out, they refused and said we need to contact supplier. cut a long story short we was not moved or offered a better room!!!. overall hotel is VERY DATED!!! owners and their son very rude and did not seem to like the english at all!!! beds are smelly and no aircon in room, to make things worse you have a rubber sheet on bed!!!!. you can not leave your SMALL balconey door open as its not safe. rooms smell musty with an overpowering smell of drainage!!!. found it unbelievable that hotel was full as there was 4 rooms next to ours and we never seen a sole on the balcony or heard anyone next door!!! also the noises coming from rooms above i.e. sexual sounds makes me wonder if this is not the local knocking shop!!!!. do yourself a favour if you ever find yourself considering this drab rundown [--] after some comments from people who obvious live in squalor and actually think this place is ok.................. DONT!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank evans321Manchester

southport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Miami is a medium size hotel,very clean, the rooms area a good size,bright and airy,the towels were changed daily.The cafe/bar had a good selection of meals and drinks etc,the family who run the hotel and staff are a happy bunch,this hotel offers very good value.

Room Tip: At the back small balcony and very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank stevedgal
chorley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed here on a 4 night break, we were confused as we googled this hotel and it showed a swimming pool. When we got there there wasn't a swimming pool so we were a tad disappointed. The beach is ok but €5 per day for a sunbed is abit steep. We used other hotels for the pools in the end so that were good. The night porter billy is great and very helpful. The rooms are very basic, our room were crawling with ants when we first got there but they sorted it out and they didn't return on our stay. The location is very good. Overall a small family run b&b and ok if you just want a short break but wouldn't stay here if you want a relaxing pool holiday.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank angela22Chorley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have becoming to the Hotel Miami for as long as I can remember and i'm just turning 17! This hotel holds a lot of memories for whole family. Having at least one holiday to Tossa a year, I feel sad and empty when I don't come to visit. The staff at the Hotel are extremely nice, and being a family of 6, they have always been tolerant of my sibilings and I even when we were screaming the place down and causing chaos when we were younger. This hotel is ideal for families like mine - a beautiful location, friendly staff and very cheap! Yes the rooms aren't modern but you cannot fault the cleanliness. The hotel doesnt have a swimming pool so it's not like you'll be stuck in the hotel all day so the modernisation shouldn't be important, it does the job - a bed, a view, a bathroom and a waredrobe, what more do you want for a place you won't spend all day in?! I personally would recommend this hotel to everyone - familes, couples, singles, anyone! Tossa is a beautiful place and I couldn't think of anyone who could say something bad about it. Get yourself down to Pano's if you want a excellent full english breakfast - they also show sky sports!!! Overall, a lovely cheap hotel in a beautiful location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank EmmaJordanx
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have just returned from a six night inexpensive stay in Tossa de Mar.

We booked the Hotel Miami through Travel Republic and paid only £10 per person per night bed and breakfast , couldn`t get more of a bargain than that !

The hotel is quite basic but is very clean and extremely friendly. Our room was fairly large and the beds comfortable. The bathroom a little old fashioned but clean with plenty of hot water.

A simple continental breakfast consisting of ham , cheese , fresh bread rolls , Coissants , jam , cereals and yogurt with tea and coffee was more than adequete.

For an evening meal the half chicken with chips , or salad , and a drink for 8 euros is great value.

The owners and staff speak some English but Billy the Dubliner night man is very helpfull and knows the area well and always ready to help.

The hotel is situated in a good position just a few minutes stroll to the front and a couple of hundred yards to the bus station.

For a 1 star hotel it really is charming and I would recomend the Miami to anyone looking for a good value break.

Graham

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank grahamwitton
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

What a pleasant surprise the Miami Tossa Hotel is. It is not flash but doesn't pretend to be. What it is is a friendly, very clean, family run Hotel. The decor is dated, the furniture is old- except the very comfortable beds (in our room anyway). Some reviewers mentioned poor staff. I personally found them friendly and helpful. They speak Spanish? The Hotel is in Spain what do people expect. I do not speak Spanish but still managed to communicate without too many problems.
If your looking for a five star hotel then dont go to the Miami. If you want a clean comfortable hotel that is value for money then do not hesitate

Room Tip: Rooms at the front corners of the Hotel have two balconies so have a choice of sun or shade most of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank W2W
Norton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My 8 night stay at Miami was unplanned but turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Compared to other (more expensive) "budget" hotels in Tossa, my room had space to move, big balcony doors, a balcony bigger than many in Tossa, the bathroom and bedroom were both simply decorated in white, housekeeping were great - good supply of fresh white towels every day.

The staff are helpful, the reception, lounge and terrace bar areas are large and give you a sense of space compared to some small hotels/pensions with no public areas. There are books you can borrow, and li-los and umbrellas you can borow for the beach (I left my li-lo there!)

Yes, there was no wifi, but if you find a another bar or restaurant with WiFi you can go online there. Yes, I got woken up by the bin men every night, but this is something which can happen in any hotel or pension. Yes, there was no air conditioning but if you keep the blinds and curtains drawn during the day and open the balcony doors when you are in the room, you can manage the temperature of the room fairly well. Yes, there was a bit of a musty smell when I arrived, but if you air the room it does lessen.

I had actually arranged accommodation elsewhere in Tossa in advance of my arrival in the town, but when I checked in the place was so awful I cancelled and moved to Hotel Miami - and was very pleased I did! I had read some of the online reviews of Miami, some of which were not great, and so I didn't book there in advance. But now that I have stayed there I would stay there again. If you have realistic expectations of what to expect from a hotel at this budget you will not be disappointed by Hotel Miami.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo