“Lovely Hotel - Awful Transfer” 4 of 5 stars

GHT Oasis Tossa & SPA
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lope Mateo 3, 17320 Tossa de Mar, Spain   |
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Tossa de Mar
Somerset
“Lovely Hotel - Awful Transfer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Just back from this hotel where my husband, our 13 year old granddaughter and I had a very pleasant stay. The rooms are fairly spacious and clean. A good selection of food both at breakfast and buffet dinner although some on the all inclusive said that the lunches were the same as the evening meal which I should think may have become monotonous. Only fault was the "fruit juice" at breakfast which was squash. Very good indoor and outdoor pools and Jacuzzi which granddaughter loved. Reception and bar staff were pleasant and helpful but found waiting staff not that friendly but hotel did seem understaffed so this may just have been that they were busy although the hotel was not full by any means. I do hope that they have more help later in season.

The one downside to the holiday however was the transfer from the airport which we booked through Travel Republic - this was awful. We came in a bit late and some people had been on the coach for two hours already and they weren't told how long they had to wait. The transfer then took a further three hours and as the coach was full of loud drunks who were still boozing on the coach and were using very bad language in spite of small children on board by the time we reached hotel everyone was a breaking point. We then found we could get a bus from the airport to Tossa which took an hour and a half and cost the same. I would definitely recommend that anyone staying in Tossa check out the times for this and if possible use the Sarfa bus service which is what we did on the way back as hotel told us transfers are usually four to five hour!. Much quicker and more civilised.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Tossa & SPA, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your comments. We are so glad to know that you had a good experience in our hotel and enjoyed our facilities and services.

Regarding the transfer, we deeply apologize for it but the hotel have no responsability on it. Next time we recomend you to book it with the hotel.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I write this lying on my hotel bed on my last night in beautiful Tossa De Mar. (I stayed with my other half, my mother and his mother in 2 separate rooms)
The hotel rated 4 stars in my opinion deserves it's rating. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and implacably clean! The staff who we have dealt with have all been friendly and helpful bar a few of the dining room staff. We didn't try the lunches or dinners in the hotel however breakfast has something for everyone, I'm a very fussy eater but never walked away from breakfast hungry. On a couple of nights we ordered toasted sandwiches from the bar which were delicious and very reasonable. Didn't drink much in the bar but prices seemed reasonable besides the cocktails which cost a fair bit but were lovely. The fridge and safe cost extra but I think it's well worth the cost.
The main downfall of this hotel for me is the thin walls. Alot of people had mentioned this in reviews already so I was prepared for it however there was a couple of nights were very little sleep was had because of the noise from other rooms, I'd imagine in high season it would be unbearable!
Didn't make use of the big outdoor pool as I knew it would be far too cold in May. The spa is lovely, although parents were always bringing there kids down which made it lose its relaxing atmosphere.

Tossa itself is quaint and stunningly beautiful, not too lively or overcrowded which I can't stand! The hotel is literally 15 minutes walk to everything too.

All in all I would stay again and I would also recommend to others as long as they bring earplugs!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Tossa & SPA, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

We would take into consideration all your comments in order to improve.

How wonderful that you are considering coming back and we hope that this will be soon because it is always a pleasure to have a guest like you.

Do not hesitate to consult our offers on our site!

Yours sincerely,
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

First impression was one of chaos - long wait at reception, and heaving dining room. It was a public holiday in Spain. Room fine, although asked for pool view, which would have cost an extra 2euros per person per night. Also charge for safe and fridge! Food varied with lots of fruit and salads, although some hot dishes were cold at times. Good pool area, well maintained with plenty of sun beds, fair-sized pool, and jacuzzi. Also small indoor pool with jacuzzi, sauna etc. Large, nondescript lounge cum bar with reasonable entertainment. Free wi-fi, which worked throughout the hotel. Staff in the main were helpful and efficient. The dining room staff were the poorest, and some needed training in friendliness, courtesy and proper service. Overall a good hotel, with outstanding cleanliness.

Room Tip: Avoid front rooms, for even though they get the morning sun, and the view is quite open, the noise i...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Tossa & SPA, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Alston,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for leaving a comment on Tripadvisor.
What a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay with us.
We are very much looking forward to your next visit to Tossa de Mar.

Sincerely yours,
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This hotel cannot be faulted. From the spectacular clean rooms to the brilliant spa it was faultless well deserves its 4 star rating.We have travelled quite a lot and this hotel would take some beating The resort itself is beautiful for anyone that wants to 'get away from it all' Really impressive place. Had a great holiday

Room Tip: Pool views the best
Dear Sandra,
It was such a pleasure to read this wonderful comment on TripAdvisor, thank you very much.
We all look forward to welcome you back to the Hotel Oasis Tossa very soon.

Worth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Just returned from a week at the oasis and spa in tossa de mar.
Had a fantastic week at this lovely hotel with friends of ours who themselves were thoroughly impressed by the standard of cleanliness and hospitality of the hotel and all the staff, from being greeted at reception to the pool man and lifeguards who never stopped cleaning and tidying the pool area from dawn till end of the day.
We only had one little glitch on arrival I had booked two rooms next to each other with poll views only to be told we were 3 rooms apart , but Lillian on reception worked hard to rectify this and after a few try's she managed to sort it out for us,
Thank you Lillian.
We would also like to thank all the kitchen staff and chefs who's non stop work in front of house making sure everything was topped up fresh and looking as good for the next diners true professionals.
Not to mention the grill chef who was never fased by a sudden rush of people for eggs or anything else he was cooking
And always a smile and a hello or goodbye, nice fella.
The only things I can fault the hotel for were the pool was cold(was early May tho)
And that our holiday is now over.
We will be back tho as will our friends.
Thank you all again for a great holiday stay,
The resort of tossa de mar can be proud of its whole holiday atmosphere, a beautiful place nestled in glorious surroundings
Ideal for a quiet peaceful holiday.
And the management of the oasis tossa and spa hotel should be proud of all their staff and hotel. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear John and Jane,
It was a real pleasure to welcome you at the hotel Oasis Tossa. Thank you very much for sharing your impressions with us on Tripadvisor.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us, that the service of our team was up to your expectations and that you enjoyed our varied dining facilities. We also are very proud of our team and we appreciate their work, thanks for your words.

We all look forward to welcoming you again. Yours sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Our 3rd visit to this lovely hotel very friendly staff even at 4am when we were checking out. The only downside for me was the beds were rock hard and unfortunately I suffer with back problems so by the last night I had to sleep upright in the chair in total agony, also the sunbed in the spa could do with updating couple of tubes weren't working and the noise it was making wasn't good. also 1pr of goggles for everyone who uses the bed :( and maybe use disposable paper towels when cleaning the bed rather than a hand towel. I would definitely stay again and would recommend this hotel

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GHT_H0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at GHT Oasis Tossa & SPA, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for posting this kind comment on TripAdvisor.
I’m happy to know that you enjoyed the holidays. If you are planning to come back don’t hesitate to contact us we will be more than happy to help you with anything you may need.
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My fiance and I have just returned from a week in Tossa staying at the Oasis. We are both in our late 20s and usually go for a city break style of holiday, so this was our first beach resort holiday together. We were looking for something cheap and relaxing where we could stay by the pool some days but also have the opportunity to go out exploring. Tossa itself was beautiful and perfect for us, with plenty of authenticity and lovely views, restaurants, coastal walks etc (we got the bus to Lloret one day and hated it, very glad we chose Tossa!). The location of the hotel was ideal, nothing is too far away to walk to. I don't have much experience of Spanish hotels so for the price we paid I wasn't expecting gourmet food or modern decor. Actually the food was plentiful and I found the majority of dishes very tasty. Everything was very clean and the room was quite big for the two of us. Staff very professional and efficient. Pool area pleasant although pool too cold for me in May! One of the reasons I booked was because of the indoor pool/spa area, which was lovely and warm but one major issue... I don't know if the staff police this in the high season, but for the whole week kids were throwing balls around in the pool, bombing into the water and generally making a lot of noise and nuisance. Quite the opposite to what I had expected. Also the gym was very tiny and half of the equipment didn't work.
Second major flaw of this hotel is that the walls are too thin, I was so glad I'd packed earplugs but even then I never got a full nights sleep because the mattress was rock hard. Luckily this hotel's clients are a quiet bunch, but even so there is a lot of general noise going on that the walls really should have blocked out. The patio door to balcony might as well have been wide open at night as the sound just comes straight in.
Overall it was a good holiday but such a shame that these things let it down.

Dear guest,
Thanks for your comments on Trip Advisor. We will try to improve next year to make your vacations even more enjoyable.
Best regards,

Been to GHT Oasis Tossa & SPA? Share your experiences!