The Reymar is right next to a lovely small beach with great view of the sea and old castle. All the public areas are spotless and high quality. Lots of different places to sit and admire the view especially in the dining room.
The food is buffet style in a morning but for other meals there is a 4 course meal ( a choice of 3 things for each course) The food was well presented and efficiently served. Drinks are expensive.
Rooms are a good size with a huge double bed. Many of the balconies overlook the sea. The pool isn't heated and at the end of May was breathtakingly cold!
The town is really pretty and not over commercialised. The walled town is stunning - lots of photo opportunities! Just walk around the walls, up to the lighthouse or through some of the little streets and alleyways. The Thursday market is worth a visit as is a tour of Barcelona (around £30).
There are some fantastic walks especially between Tossa and Lloret - soaring cliffs, amazing views and cork trees.
Be aware that buses can't get to the hotel so there is a good 5 minute walk with cases to the hotel (the last bit up a steep slope).
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Tossa De Mar
- Tossa De Mar Best Western
- Gran Hotel Reymar Tossa De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premier Gran Hotel Reymar, located on the seafront in Tossa de Mar on the Costa Brava, and just minutes from the town centre. The hotel is located on the more private Mar Menuda beach, separated from the main beach by a rocky outcrop, and a wonderful place for both adults and kids to sunbathe, swim, go snorkelling or even scuba diving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity and Olotels so you can book your Gran Hotel Reymar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.