We just spend a wonderful week in this hotel.
Before we left, we looked at all the review and all the features of the hotel and wondered why it was not rated 4 stars.
Well it's just that everything is a little outdated in the appartments. But it did not bother us at all. With a complete renovation they could completely change hotel category !
- It's a beautiful architecture that perfectly fits the surrounding nature.
- The houses are confortable and big (we had a two rooms appartement, with two bathrooms). The balcony was huge and well equiped. But, ok all a bit outdated except the big flat screen tv !
- The facilities are perfect : two outdoor swimmingpools, a big slide with it s own pool, plenty of chairs by the pool for all the guests, wonderful views, showers... You can plan mini golf, tennis, table tennis, pool, rent a bike, and all kind of sports from yoga to archery ! Almost all for free except tennis and pool/babyfoot.
- the beach is cute, and almost private, not too crowded and with fine sand but not so fine that it gets everywhere, just the perfect weight. Some stones in the sea though, so if you're very sensitive, bring water shoes. The water is clean and translucid.
- The inside pools are wonderful, clean and empty, with fantastic solarium to relax. BUT you must wear a bathing cap (3E)
- Two restaurants, one Comedor up near reception and one down by the beach that is a self for lunch and a la carte by night. Everywhere the food was delicious and the setting and the views wonderful. The buffet inthe Comedor was crowded at times though.
Beware : only the Comedor is included in "media pension" which is a shame because the beach restaurant is fantastic too and it's nice to be served at 50m of the sea in the evening. It's not even much more expensive than the buffet if you don't need to eat three servings of everything ;)
- There is decent entertainement in evening and even during the day
- There is a mini and a maxi club to keep your kids occupied, they are nice and competent and offer various activities
- There is a mini disco every night that my 3 y.o. loved and then they play cartoons.
- There is a game room with toys for 0-6yo near the reception wich is useful when you need to wait a while around there.
- If you want to be away from kids, there are plenty of quiet places too !
- supermarket is good and you get enough variety if you don't want to cook too many times.
All in all a near perfect stay, but we ll still list the
- a lot of stairs everywhere. Not really a bad point but making it really painful with trolleys/young kids. There's nowhere to put your trolley if you don't want to take it up to your appartment. Many stairs to go to the Comedor, well you just can't avoid them...So either be fit and ready to cary your little ones either this hotel is NOT for you.
- no transfert arrangements possible + parking is 7E and there really are no other way than to pay it
- you get a chip to pay all you need to pay in the hotel without cash, but you're always asked for caution money when you want to have towels, rackets, minigolf gears and so on, a real pain since you usually don t take your wallet ! Kind of negates the point of the chip bracelet.
- pretend not to sell big bottles of water in any restaurant ... but the staff and big groups get them ! So you end up paying 2.5E per half litter which is already stealing but seeing all the groups and staff get the 1.5L bottles kind of pisses you off a bit !
- towels are 1.5 E per day even if you don't change them everyday they charge you the same amount for day...
- in the supermarket you can pay with chip all but ... stamps... same thing you end up running for your wallet just for that...
All in all only little things and that could so easily be arranged that it can be kind of frustrating.
But nothing to put you off from this wonderful relaxing place.