Pizzeria Da Nino seemed rather promising: good reviews, some local clientelle (wait, are there any locals in Tossa De Mar?), low-ish prices, and even a small queue outside (which is usually a good sign). Nevertheless — it did not work out for me at all.
I don't want to sound prejudiced, so I would base my review precisely on the pizza I have ordered, namely Pizza Vegetale. My friend had some seafood pizza, which she considered to be okay... till she tried a much cheaper option in Bilbao and Salamanca (made her laugh out loud).
- The staff were polite and friendly. Not much more to add here, really.
- Price might be considered cheap for Tossa De Mar. We have spent 20 euro for two pizzas and a small bottle of water. Was it good value for money though?
- The moment our pizzas has arrived made it evident that someone was brutally cutting the production costs. Small, thin, without much topping — these pizzas were a great illustration of the "You get what you pay for" concept. Which is fine by me, but:
- Pizza Vegetale: imagine a millimetre-thin slice of cucumber and aubergine placed atop a pizza base which barely has any cheese and sauce on it and then baked in a pizza oven? What would it yield you? Nothing, but a dry, millimetre-thin piece of unidentifiable vegetable, completely devoid of any hint of taste or flavour. This pizza was not even basic. It was clearly subpar.
- I had a piece of my friend's seafood pizza, which seemed a bit better (though the seafood pizza and the abysmal Pizza Vegetale are priced the same). I would say it was acceptable, if just barely: the obviously low-grade canned tuna and the tiny defrosted shrimps were somewhat funny.
- More like a personal preference — I dislike when they bring water in a bottle already opened, and this is what they do.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Avoid Pizza Vegetale at all costs.
- You might want to pay a tad more somewhere else and get a decent meal instead. Pizzeria Da Nino is barely worth it.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
March 7, 2013
La opinione che a apportano non e seria questanno il ristorante compie 10 anni la invito a tornaci a fare visita e comprovare il nostro servizio e la nostra serieta un saluto cordiale Nino
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.