“On the Slide!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #103 of 124 Restaurants in Tossa de Mar
Norfolk, UK
“On the Slide!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have been eating and drinking at Cap d'Or for many years. I am very disappointed that they seem to have had the accountants in to advise on portion sizes and drink measures.

Regulars will notice and not go back, new customers will try once and be underwhelmed!

For 7 euros you used to get a huge measure of gin, rum ect. served in what others have described as a goldfish bowl. This year it was the smallest measure we were served anywhere, take out the ice and it would have barely wetted your tongue.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Manager very rude.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My daughter aged 9 and I went to what we thought looked like a great setting and location for our first meal out in tossa, our waitress could not speak a word of English, could not explain the menu to us. We ordered our starters, then our mains came, my daughter had mussels and I was having prawns, I complained as the prawns were small with 2 triangles of bread for 11 euros. The manager came out and called me a very ignorant lady,. Started argueing with me, in front of my daughter , how RUDE. I never went back, she ruined our first evening.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“A Reasonably-Priced Place for Lunch, With a Great View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

There are at least thirty restaurants fronting the Platja Gran in Tossa. As you walk by this side-by-side stretch of eateries, an inevitable sameness in the menus is apparent. Prices vary quite a bit, however, especially for cocktails. The view varies considerably, as well. This place serves a lot of the same options as the others, and we were glad we chose it, because it has a better view, tasty food (we had simple sandwiches on this day), and is reasonably priced.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Liked: Sangria de Cava, croquetas caseros, location, meatballs with squid, location, friendly service, sardines, coffee, people watching.

Visited May 2013
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Lovely Restaurant - great set menu for 15 Euro !
Gin and Tonic is the size of a gold fish bowl ! fantastic.

Visited July 2012