The rooms are adequate with no frills and after biking the Rallervegen trail they provided all that was needed.
The food was very good, albeit there was only a small choice (fish or meat) to choose from. The veg and deserts were fine and the breakfast too was good enough.
I would recommend the hotel to anyone doing the Rallervegen bike ride and with it being 30km from Finse, 21km from Flam it’s ideally located for a mid-point resting place. There is a swimming pool (outdoor) but we were all too tired to use it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you on the lookout for a recreational place in the mountains? Then you are welcome to visit us here at Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell, 820 metres above sea level. We are doing our outmost to ensure you will have only the best experiences during your stay here with us. Vatnahalsen is a family owned and run hotel; the Aksnes family have more than 25 years experinece in running the hotel at the top of the Flam Railway. We have created a relaxing and pleasant atmosphere. Everyone is welcome as they are, no matter if you come in your biking shorts or your best suit, you’re still welcome. Here you can feel as if you’re at home, and we very much hope you do so. You will always be greeted with a smile from the hosts and staff, and they may tell a story or two…Welcome to Vatnahalsen – your mountain retreat – all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Vatnahalsen Hoyfjellshotell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vatnahalsen Hoyfjellshotell Hotel Myrdal
- Vatnahalsen Hoyfjellshotell Norway/Myrdal