“Excellent food, reasonably priced” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Ta' Xbiex
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tel: 21337246 (Malta number)
Msida
“Excellent food, reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I hadn't been to this restaurant in over two years. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the food is still excellent!

Prices are very reasonable whilst portions are abundant. I would suggest making a reservation if you intend to go during the weekend as the place fills up quickly. Although the restaurant is generally fully booked during the weekends, we were still seated within half an hour without a reservation. The staff is very efficient, friendly and accommodating!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

L-Iklin, null, Malta
“never again...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have been to mamma mia many times with my parents but the last 3 times i went i always had problems with my food. the first time i had an incident, it was when i found a dead green bug in my salad, then a couple of weeks later on i tried again and i was eating a pizza and there was a hair stuck in my cheese, though the last time i went was the worst, it was when i didn't want to go at all but my parents wanted to so we went and i was drinking a cappuccino and i start to taste this chunky thing in my mouth and when i spit it out it was a black dead fly! very disgusting just for me! we complained many times. the food is delicious but you have to make sure your not serving dead things in it. I would suggest trying out other restaurants on the island because there are many more to choose from.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Lovec it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went there 8 out of 9 nights whilst staying in Msida. Good food, attentative staff. We had lots of touristy questions which they were happy to answer. Highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Island of Malta, Malta
“Bravo!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Good heart pasta dishes is what I know this place for. Its portion sizes are very generous. no wonder it is well know and liked on the island, they seem to have it right here.

Visited November 2012
London UK
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Had a very good lunch at Mamma Mia. Service was spot on - friendly and prompt and the food was tasty and plentiful at a very good price. Will definitely come back when I'm next in Malta.

• Visited April 2013