“Beautiful location! Poor quality of service!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Redcastle Hotel

You added Redcastle Hotel to your Saves list
Redcastle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Inishowen Peninsula, Moville, Ireland (Formerly The Redcastle Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Buncrana, Donegal, Ireland
“Beautiful location! Poor quality of service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Went for a drive this weekend, and decided to lunch at red castle hotel! When we arrived we noticed a wedding was about to start, this said we sat ourselves at a table in the bar! It took nearly five minutes before someone came to take an order and when they did they seemed to be preoccupied! We waited half an hour for our food and when it came I think presentation looked nice but food was average at best! The waiter put food on table and disappeared! When it came to paying I went to bar and when eventually he took my money, not as much as a thank you, how was your meal! Or even enjoy your day!
Maybe they are understaffed and if so management need to sort this out. We won't be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest

I was concerned to read your comments regarding your recent visit to the Hotel. I apologise that the service you received was less than satisfactory and I assure you that this is not the normal standard by which we operate. I would be grateful if you would contact us on feedback@redcastlehotel.com to discuss this matter further

Redcastle Customer Care Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Co Antrim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We enjoyed a 2 night break ( 2B&B & 1 evening meal) at the Redcastle hotel. We have been to the hotel a number of times and we keep returning as it is just over an hours drive and the hotel is very relaxing and the food in The Edge Restaurant is excellent.

We had a 20month old child with us and the hotel were very accommodating regarding travel cot & suitable food.

We also visited the leisure facilties and it was great to be in a pool where the temperature was suitable for a young child

We really enjoyed our weekend break & would recommend to others

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 407 - which was fine but it you want a room looking out on the sea you need to che...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and for choosing to return to us again. It is lovely to read that your stay was enjoyable for all the family and that is the experience that we want all of our guests to have. We look forward to seeing you soon again

rome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

we had a great time in redcastle pool was great food was really tasty in both the bar and restaurant. we stayed in room 100 which had brilliant views of the sea. very relaxing just what the doctor ordered. we toured the inishowen 100 views where spectacular.

Room Tip: room with a view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the Hotel and we the beautiful Inishowen area. I hope you will be back to visit again soon
Lee-Anne133
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had read other reviews about this hotel and was a bit hesitant to go there but my partner booked it and got a great midweek deal for €99 for 2 sharing 1 night B&B and 1 evening meal.
We stayed on a "night for just the 1 night.
There was plenty of parking and the hotel entrance was easy to find. We had a room on the second floor and initially when we got there I found it very confusing to find the room but it might just have been me. The room was gorgeous but it depends on what you are into as some had reviewed and said that it was outdated. It might have been but it was clean, comfortable and spacious and you cant really ask for more.
Dinner in the evening was a set menu from the Table De Hote menu however for an extra €10 you could pick starter, main and desert from the A La Carte menu which had steak on it. Even though you had to pay a supplement the meal with the €10 added on was only €43 and it was a great meal so by any standards was well worth it. The waitress was friendly, bubbly and really couldnt do enough and even though we werent the only couple there we were made feel like we were.

The hotel was quiet when we went so we ventured down to the pool, sauna and steam room. Be advised that you have to wear a swimming cap which can be either bought there for a small charge of €2 or you can bring your own. I now have yet another swimming cap to add to my collection... :-) The sauna and steam room were small but adequate and as there was no one else there we had the entire leisure suite to ourselves so the size of anything didnt bother me at all. There are spa jets at different points in the pool and these were really relaxing too with seaviews through the huge glass panes. This added to the ambience of the mini break.

The bar was well equipped and there are all these little nooks and crannies that you can escape into and have anything from a business meeting to a canoodle. Each being catered for and you are left to your own devices with no one hassling you...The staff in the bar were very professional and friendly and I felt that if I was by myself that I could have had a great craic with the barman as he made us feel right at home, almost as if I would be made feel welcome by myself and not feel silly that I didnt have anyone to talk to.

Breakfast has to be noted - Especially the scrambled eggs as one of the best that I have EVER tasted!!! I would go back if only for the scrambled eggs!!! lol

All in all a good stay, I will say though that either the receptionist was in a bad mood or perhaps she didnt like the look of me but she was a bit up tight and could have loosened up and smiled a bit more but she was nevertheless professional and I guess you cant really expect or ask for anything more.

Would definitely be back again.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms, excellent for a mini break!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

We really do appreciate you taking the time to offer your feedback. We take our customer service very seriously and hence place huge importance on listen to our guests. I will certainly ensure that all of your comments are passed on to the team here. I hope you will return to the Hotel soon again

Belfast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

The Redcastle is a very nice hotel. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the food in the Captains bar was enjoyable. There are nice areas to sit and relax in with fantastic sea views. The swimming pool is nicely heated and there are lovely sea views. Although the sauna and steam room are small they serve their purpose and most importantly the whole area and the changing rooms are clean. Try out the spa for a treatment and enjoy the gorgeous chill out room. For a 4 star hotel I was slightly disappointed by the standard of the room. The plus points were the flat screen tv, nice black and white prints on the wall, tea making facilities and heated towel rail in the bathroom. The negative is the room seemed hard to heat and was very cold for most of the weekend. However I would return to this hotel if there was a good deal on offer.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments. I apologise if the disruption with the heating affected your stay and this should not have been the case. We do offer great deals all year round and I hope you will avail of one of these offers and return for another break. If you are returning please do contact us on feedback@redcastlehotel.com

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Lets face it what this hotel is, is great value for money, for a good location and a good hotel.

Good though remember and not great!!

If your looking for a place with great service this is the place. If your looking for a place with a pretty good view (far from the best in donegal) then this is the place, the food is quite good and the location gives you access to most of Inishowen. The rates are very competitive. Over all this hotel is a good package.

High Points...The service (Gerry the porter was very helpful)

Low Points... The noise and light from the corridor outside coming in from under the door in the middle of the night with a wedding downstairs. (maybe even a fire safety concern)

The rooms are a little outdated but the high points definately outway the low. As I said above this hotel is a good package and great value for money

Room Tip: Room 612 and all on the same corridor have views looking out to sea
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I was very sorry to read that your stay was disrupted with noise and the function should not have affected your stay in any way. I thank you for your points and I will ensure that the are passed on to our management team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Myself and hubby have been going on hols to redcastle for years, since before it was carlton, during that and now afterwards. The location is gorgeous with seaviews. The staff are really on the ball, carvery lunch on a sunday is a great family dining experience which is good so the kids can enjoy their holiday too and breakfasts and evening dining also great for families and I hope that always remains the case. The spa is superb and really glad they have a sauna again. The customer service is excellent and they accomodate where possible which again is v important for families. Dining experiences such as the restaurant are special events and the food is fantastic and v high quality. leisureland is next door during high season and shops are nearby so the hotel is convenient. Its a special treat to stay here for all ages, it oozes class even if you're calling into the bar for coffee and sandwiches as we did with my mum this year on mothers day whilst out for a drive ! Our last hol here was the end of august and you can relax as it is not pretentious tho it is high end and there is a great buzz about the place as you can tell it is v popular for special events, we will be back soon!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for returning to stay with us on so many occasions. It is lovely to read that you enjoy your time with us and also that our staff make an impression. I hope you have many more happy days at the Redcastle Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Redcastle Customer Care Team

Been to Redcastle Hotel? Share your experiences!