“Beautiful scenery” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Redcastle Hotel

You added Redcastle Hotel to your Saves list
Redcastle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Inishowen Peninsula, Moville, Ireland (Formerly The Redcastle Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moville
Belfast
“Beautiful scenery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed here in April for a short mid-week break and found the hotel and the area lovely. The views were fantastic from our room, which was clean and comfortable.Great base to explore the Inishowen Peninsula.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms essential to the setting.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and I hope you will get a an opportunity to visit the Hotel again soon

Redcastle Customer Care Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Co.Down
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel about 4 years ago & decided to return as we really enjoyed it then. We weren't disappointed - the staff throughout all areas of the hotel were very friendly, pleasant & efficient. The room was pleasant with a very comfortable big bed, nice bathroom & a lovely view across the water. We dined in the restaurant 1 evening & our 3 course meal & service received was excellent - although a little disappointed that they had no Rose wine in stock. We ate in the bar on the 2nd night & again we thoroughly enjoyed our meal & the excellent service. Breakfast was very good with plenty of variety & we had beautiful morning views from the restaurant. We used the very pleasant swimming pool - but felt a separate jacuzzi pool would have been nice or indeed an outdoor hot-tub to enjoy the wonderful views.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and also for choosing to stay with us. I apologise that the Rose wine was out of stock and as it is a really popular option this should not have been the case. We take all of your comments on board and appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback

Derry
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed in the Redcastle at beginning of August 2012 with my fiancée. Had booked a suite as it was a special occasion but felt let down by the quality of finish in the room. The paint in the bathroom ceiling was peeling, arm of the sofa was also peeling and the quality of the furniture was poor. Should of asked for a room change at the time but didn't.This was the only complaint i had during our stay.Ate in the restaurant both nights and food and service was excellent both nights

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments and I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your room. Thank you also for your lovely comments regarding our restaurant and food. We wold be delighted if you did return in the future and if you contact us on feedback@redcastlehotel.com we will ensure that you receive the very best offer
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed in Red Castle for 3 nights, we were there for a wedding and had a fabulous time from friday 14thSept to mon 17thSept. Our rooms were lovely we paid 30euro extra for sea view per night not worth it as we were in room so little our friends rooms were all the same size, king size bed very comfortable, bathroom a little on small side but everything you need and clean. Complimentary bottles of water, tea and coffee facilities, lovely fluffy white towels, best hotel iron I ever used. I love my breakfast and it was just perfect hot and cold enjoyed it every morning, food in the edge restaurant was outstanding the staff could not do enough for us. The scenery and coastline is lovely we went to giants causeway had a great day. There was about 70 of us from Dublin never heard one complaint. Cant comment on spy never got time to use it or swimming pool. Check in to check out staff all had smiles on their faces, dont know where these bad reviews come from or what these people are looking for. Well done Red Castle in beautiful Donegal if we are ever in this area again this is the hotel for us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and for your lovely comments about the Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will ensure that your comments are passed on to all the staff here. I hope you will consider returning to the Hotel again and thank you once more
Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The bad trip advisor reviews on this hotel led us to cancel a booked trip and go somewhere else. Whilst in the area I made a point of visiting the hoted and making an unannouned inspection of a number of rooms. The cleaning staff were hard at work and I just walked in unannounced and looked in several rooms on each of the floors. They were all very acceptable and not what reading the online reviews would lead you to believe. I suspect that there may be some less subjective reviews being posted. To be sure there is a nightclub which you would be wise to enquire about if you prefer a quiet and early night. Also you really dont want to be there when a wedding party is there as no doubt there is quite a lot of late noise.
The food was excellent and the staff most helpful. I spoke to reception after I had inspected the rooms and they were most coerteous and not defensive.. I think that says a lot about the place..

Room Tip: Tell them if you want a quiet room when you book rather than when you arrive and mention trip adviso...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. We do appreciate your honest feedback and assessment of the Hotel. We are very proud of our product and indeed our staff and we thankfully receive many more positive review then we do negative. Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback and I am delighted that you had an opportunity to sample a little of ‘the Redcastle experience’ Maybe on your next visit you would consider the Hotel and we would be delighted to welcome you back

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Went back to Redcastle for my 1st Anniversary, and one year on from my wedding day i have to say i still think it is a fabulous place to stay. We had such a lovely stay and were made feel very special, the staff were so helpful and I have to say Valerie the wedding co-ordinater was amazing at her job she most definetly is an asset to the hotel, as one year she she still made our 1st anniversary as special as our wedding day. I would most definetly reccomend Redcastle as a venue for any wedding day and Valerie most certainly is the person to speak to as she will make your wedding day the most hassle free and enjoyable day you will ever have. Also the food in the edge restaurant was outstanding and the staff in the hotel are welcoming and very helpful. All in, all our stay was great and we would definetly recommend redcastle for any occasion.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time in the Hotel again. I hope you will return to the Hotel soon again

Strabane, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Booked a short getaway here, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Being on my own, I did not feel out of place or self conscious in any way. The staff are very friendly, welcoming, and efficiient. The twin room I had, had a marvellous sea view, was well appointed and clean. Little extras like tea/coffee making facilities, toiletries, tissues complimentary bottled water made my stay a bit more comfortable. As did the medium firm orthopaedic beds.

I booked a deep tissue massage in the on site spa, and it was wonderful, the girls are so charming and friendly.

I would highly recommend this hotel. It is close to quite a few famous tourist attractions, Malin Head is about a 40minute drive, and is definitely worth the trip. The scenery,and the coastline here is glorious, as are the local beaches.

The food is excellent, and again the staff are friendly and helpful. I hope to be back again soon

Room Tip: sea view costs 30 euro per night extra, but the room is also more spacious. Smoking rooms are diffi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly pass you kind comments on to our team here. We have great offers available at the moment and maybe you might return to visit us soon again!

Redcastle Customer Care Team

Been to Redcastle Hotel? Share your experiences!