“Home from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Moville B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Home from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

If your looking for a home away from home then this is your B+B. Not only do the hosts, Olga and Irwin make you feel comfortable, the B+B itself is an absolute delight. Its perched on a hill, looking down on Loch Foyle, making the transition from bed to breakfast all the more easier and worthwhile, with the tremendous views. The room we stayed in, was extremely comfortable, with lots of space. We were informed of all the key sights to visit from a very knowledgable Irwin, who was very helpful, meaning we were able to make the most of our short visit! Do not miss the chance to stay at this little gem!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ofandi, Owner at Inishowen Lodge, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Many thanks for your kind comments. We hope you will be making a return visit soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Myself, my partner and our dog stayed at this beautiful bed and breakfast whilst visiting home and craving a quiet night away....
From the second we entered this beautiful house, we were enthusiatically welcomed and genuinely made to feel completely at home.
From the outset, nothing was too much trouble for Irwin and olga. They were extremely helpful and informative, giving us taxi numbers and showing us around their beautiful spotless home, whilst pointing out all the things we needed to know during our stay....they even made Murphy our dog feel like part of the family!
The bedroom was fantastic, spacious, with breathtaking views,and the bathroom had plenty of hot water.
A lovely added touch was shampoo, conditioner and shower gel, which came in handy as I'd forgotten mine!!!
Next morning, we were welcomed with the most fantastic breakfast...delicious!
Olga's home made bread was to die for, as was the French toast, blueberries and strawberries which I had.

Unfortunately my partner wasn't feeling very well that morning, (nothing to do with the b&b might i add) and wasn't able to eat his full Irish, but Irwin and Olga couldn't have been more helpful, rallying after him, making sure he was ok!....
They even packed a doggy bag of the aforementioned full Irish, which Murphy heartily wolfed down, with great appreciation!

A truly memorable stay in a very beautiful, exceptionally clean, top class home....
Forget the larger hotels....go to this "Inishowen Gem".....

We will Definately be back!!

Thanks Olga and Irwin!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
ofandi, Owner at Inishowen Lodge, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. We enjoyed your visit and Murphy is adorable! Looking forward to seeing you again.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I chose this B & B after reading previous reviews on trip advisor, and I was most definitely not disappointed. The accomodation was excellent and the hosts very friendly, welcoming and helpful with regards to the local area and places to visit. I had a most relaxing stay in a very large, clean and nicely furnished double room, and the breakfast was extremely good, lots of options available, home made bread was lovely. Only complaint was it was far too much food for me to manage! The view from the conservatory dining room was exeptional. It was great sitting in front of a real fire in the evenings. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and would definitely visit again. Thank you so much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ofandi, Owner at Inishowen Lodge, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Many thanks for your kind comments, Corrina. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

2 nights ago I stayed in this B&B for a second time. I loved my first stay so much I had to return. The welcome was as warm as I remembered it. The rooms are huge, spotlessly clean and the view is stunning. The hosts are second to none. I loved all the stories and information we got about sights in the area. Breakfast was incredible. There is a lovely menu to choose from. I cen recommend Olga's French Toast. What a delight! I am hoping to return very soon. This truly is my all time favourite B&B in Ireland. Thanks for a great stay, once again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ofandi, Owner at Inishowen Lodge, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Many thanks Ellen. It was good to see you again and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I found this B&B on the web and with a relative travelling the area three weeks prior to my trip I thought I had also found them a great place to stay. Pleased to say that both my relative and then myself and companion thoroughly enjoyed this family home. Getting to the site was easy to find getting from the main Derry to Moville road by the B&B signpost clearly marking the sideroad to travel up the hillside. The small roadway (watch the deep ditches on both sides) affording a beautiful view of Lough Foyle until trying to identify the specific B&B from three beautiful houses located about a kilometre from the main road. We were met at the front door by our hosts, Irwin and Olga, and after afternoon tea and biscuits in a warm reception room were led to the middle upper bedroom. Fantistic view and all the comforts of home were the order of the evening until leaving reluctantly the following morning. After settling into our room we went into Moville and ate at Rosatos restaurant that turned out to be a major city eatery in a small Irish town. Fantastic food and atmosphere who recently were awarded the top Irish bar award and deserveably so. The following morning Olga made us a wonderful Irish breakfast to give us the energy to enjoy the rest of Inishowen, the most beautiful area of Ireland. Take plenty of SD cards as your camera will not stop clicking! Hoping to return very soon, I love the comfort of great hotels but this B&B is on par with them all and a visit here (for more than a day if you have time) is not to be missed.

Room Tip: I think the middle is the best as it satisfied me but don't mind travelling back to try them all...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ofandi, Owner at Inishowen Lodge, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted you both enjoyed your stay with us at Inishowen Lodge and look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was in Co Donegal for a wedding. I spent 3 nights in this B&B and the room was clean and spacious with great views. The choices of breakfast was brill and I didn't need to eat again 'til the evening. Olga and Irwin were very helpful & friendly and had a wealth of knowledge of the area, informing me of places to visit, taxis and where to go in the evening for entertainment and dining. I traveled on to Belfast via the Greencastle Ferry across Lough Foyle which was 12 Euro single or 20 Euro return for the 15 minute journey.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
ofandi, Owner at Inishowen Lodge, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. Really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the not too distant future.
Greenock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at this B&B. The rooms were excellent as was the choices of breakfast each morning. The view from the rooms were outstanding. The place initself was very relaxing and quite. The owners had a wealth of local knowledge and advice of where to eat in town and were to visit. We certainly would recommend Inishowen Lodge to others. Thankyou Irwin and Olga for helping make our stay perfect. John & Sarah Wright

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ofandi, Owner at Inishowen Lodge, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Many thanks for your comments. It was a pleasure having you to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again.

Been to Inishowen Lodge? Share your experiences!