“Perfect private tour to Frascati wine country” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 15 Attractions in Frascati
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: WE ARE REAL WINE MAKERS! Not only a fully lincensed and insured tour operator, not only expert about wine, not only sommelier advices! Join us, discover the Wine World and our beautiful Italy, though our eyes. Your wine tour experience with us will match with the great occasions to discover history and gourmet spots by the way, as a local. Plan the perfect WINE travel experience in ITALY with us! Wine in Tour offers several services, not only fun wine tours, but even day trips and holidays in Rome and the whole Italy. Individuals and groups are welcome! As well as for who is looking for a congress centre and team building activities. Lots of ideas and things to do with us! Have a look from our site, but if you don't find online what you are looking for, simply email us or just 'like us' on facebook for a quicker response! We will take care of your travel as carefully as we should plan our own. Waiting for you among the Vineyards, Veronica and the Wine in Tour's professional Staff.
Brentwood, California
3 attraction reviews
“Perfect private tour to Frascati wine country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Easy train trip from Roma Termini to Frascati station where Veronica was waiting to pick us up. We enjoyed our tour of the quaint towns surrounding Lake Albano ending up at the family's winery. Veronica and her husband lead the tour of their wine caves, tasting room and vineyards. Beautiful views of the Italian countryside. It was so nice to escape the busy Rome conjestion and spend half a day in the country. Veronica explained the history of the region and showed us a glimpse of small town life in Italy. Veronica is an excellent guide and really provided us a great day and one of the most memorable days of our vacation. On our next trip we will stay in Frascati region and take the train to Rome if we want to see city sites.

veronica0202, Proprietario at Wine in Tour, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you! It was lovely for me as well. Next time we will discover more! There is A LOT that needs to be discovered here, so much landscapes to admire, too many gourgeous quality wines... come back soon: we have to explore, out off the beaten path! Arrivederci in Italia!

Melbourne, Australia
“An experience not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Like the other 11 reviewers, my wife and I know this is a tour not to be missed. In all our world travels over the past 7 years and particularly in Italy and especially Rome, the day we spent with Veronica was very special. It was full of highlights, and Veronicas knowledge and the way Veronica shares her passion for the Frascati region is evidenced through her detailed knowledge of the area. Veronicas access to many places others just simply cannot match makes the day. The cost initially played on my mind but after catching a train to Frascati from Termini ( 23 minutes) and meeting Veronica at the station taking the driver cost out and using Veronicas car, the price for the whole 6 hours was well worth it.
It made our 6th trip to Italy a truly rememberable one and we encourage people to spend the day with Veronica, you won't be disappointed.

Visited October 2012
wine1977, Proprietario at Wine in Tour, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you Steward! Thank you very much for your review. It is our great pleasure to read that your stay in Frascati was the highlight of 7 years of travelling...wow! (If I were just simply proud of my Land, Wines and History...I'd be 'hundreds' MORE now!) Once again thank you very much for taking your valued time to write your review. Hope to see you again on your future visit to Italy. Your next wine tour with me could be 'somewhere' in Italy to meet some of my special friends: winemakers like me (I choose very carefully my friends and they all have the same great love of mine for their Land)! At Wine in Tour we want you EXPERIENCE your journey. Wine is just the main 'excuse'... then you will discover surprising landscapes, uncover the history, explore the truly italian traditional wine and food... It seems a truly enjoyable way to discover our beautiful Italy, out off the beaten path. Thank you for coming. Come back soon!
Tromsoe Norway
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Been celebrate my 50 yrs birthday, end of sept 2012. Veronica is an exelent guide. She have an good balance, been private and proffesional. Thanks Veronica you give us an unforgotten experience.

Visited September 2012
wine1977, Owner at Wine in Tour, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Many thanks. Thank you becouse you have trusted me. Thank you because you gave me the occasion to meet and welcome all your amazing friends, feeling like ' one of yours'. This is the way I adore to work. Thank you for this chance. HAPPY ITALIAN BIRTHDAY! :) Veronica
Cranford, New Jersey
“So close to Rome, YET SO FAR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

If you are in or around Rome and are looking for what Italy is all about outside of the ruins and masterpieces of art. It is about slowing down. Enjoying the fruit of the land. Family. If you stop to take advantage of Wine in Tour with the lovely Veronica, you will not be disappointed. While in Rome, order wine, read the lable. Some of the most delicious wines are from the Frascati area.
Just about a half hour outside of the city of Rome, you will be in the Frascati area. So, why not go to the source and see how Veronica and her family grow, make and produce the world's favorite beverage. Veronica is not just a tour guide, she grew up on the farm, worked in every aspect of the process, and truly is proud and loves what she does. Specializes in small groups.
Thank you for a beautiful day, Veronica.

Visited September 2012
wine1977, Proprietario at Wine in Tour, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Robert, thank you so much for your kind review. I'm very happy to have had the nice chance to do this work together with people like you, that appreciated my zest and passion. You know, everything in my small company, is always done to satisfied Your travel EXPERIENCE. This is for what regards me as for the other 'Wine in Tour' selected guides - as passionate as me about our wine traditions and Land. Feel free to contact again us soon in the next future...you will be always welcome! There is so much to discover here in the CASTELLI ROMANI area and so many other wine makers andgreat Wineries to know! In the meantime - as promised - I'll send you that special recipe you asked me... Have fun!
Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Wonderful day outside Rome, authentic Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Veronica was a truly wonderful guide with real passion and zest. If you are in Rome for a week or more, I would highly suggest getting out of the city on a tour such as this. It gives you a nice break from the city and the chance to see where Romans go to get some clear air (including the Pope). You get to talk directly to a wine maker and I felt like we learned so much, while also having an enjoyable day.

We did a half-day tour with lunch and I think spending at least that much time would be worthwhile. It is enjoyable just talking to Veronica and learning the history of the area, wine making and even contemporary issues of Italy and the wine business.

We started with seeing one of the local villas, and a spectacular view and then proceeded on to have some of the most delicious (wine based) gelato...from a little hidden gem of a place. So delicious! We then proceeded to their small winery for some tasting (and more snacks-including the Pecarino cheese made by Veronica's father) and a tour. It is neat to see what they are doing with the winery, learn about how the production works, see old wine implements and the grounds, etc. If you are at all familiar with Frascati wine (or not), you will probably discover there is a lot to learn. They're making some great wine in this area! It is also quite scenic and amazing to find so close to Rome.

We proceeded on to lunch at their other winery (and where bottling/production of their various wines is done), which was marvelous. We were more than stuffed...and had great wines to accompany the food. And, lots of great conversation.

Veronica was very flexible and had asked us if we wanted to change anything about the plan or add/see anything else. We had heard the Pope had his summer residence nearby and one of our group was especially interested to see what, so Veronica changed our after lunch plans to accommodate that. If you do the usual half-day plan, you would proceed on to olive oil tastings, meeting with winemaker, etc. We drove up in to the hills and around the lake and saw some more amazing scenery, including driving up to where the Pope has his residence. I enjoyed the scenery and we "discovered" the gorgeous little town of Nemi, where we hope to return. Had the most delicious wild strawberry tart (ok, you can see by now we were quite well fed!). Be aware, if you are able to add this piece to your tour, the roads are windy so it is not easy for the car-sick prone. For me personally, I am glad we were able to see the area.

I would probably recommend you consider even doing a longer tour with Veronica if possible, to see the area and get the full wine your experience too--but even a brief excursion is a nice break from the city and you will discover a lot. We caught a train one hour later than planned to see Frascati and buy some pastries to take back. There's not a lot to see in the town, but it was nice to stroll around, especially after a lot of driving.

This trip is such an easy jaunt from Rome, so think about adding it to your Rome trip for sure! I love the personalized nature of it and just soaking up all the passion and knowledge of Veronica. She arranges various tours and rents apartments, etc. so there is a lot she can help with if you have something in mind. You will be pleased you made her acquaintance!

Visited March 2012
wine1977, General Manager at Wine in Tour, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
I appreciate your review. Your words really make me realize that we are going in the right direction. You EXPERIENCE your Frascati Wine Tour. All about Wine, History, Landscapes...and the everyday life of a REAL winemaker who deeply LOVE all the qualities of this extraordinary Frascati Wine Country ...and wants you love it as much as she! Do you feel more acquainted about our Land after this WINE ADVENTURE? We got it, I'm sure! ;)