“A perfect and unforgettable evening” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Los Angeles, California
“A perfect and unforgettable evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The complimentary ride to and from a dinner at Casa Bella is unforgettable and you understand, once you are there, that dinner time lies outside the tourist ferry schedule. Isola Pescatore was quiet and serene, and the terrace was aglow. The menu offered many attractive choices for each course. Among the mains, the lake fish was excellent, as was the grass fed filet of beef. The pricing is at the high end (not unusual in the area) but you will have a great meal in an incomparable setting.

• Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
“A fabulous evening.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to this restaurant for his birthday. Booking was easy, friendly & efficient. On the night, we were collected by the restaurant's boat from outside our hotel. The journey was quite magical as the sun was slowly going down (although a little hazardous when climbing onto the boat wearing stilettos!).

We were greeted by one of the waitresses at the door who waited on us for the evening. As the weather was not at it's best, we sat inside by the window looking out over the water.  The service was excellent & couldn't be faulted. We chose the gastronomic menu which was very good value (and not as expensive as we had thought) for what you got- which included two glasses of wine.

The food was good & tasted delicious but on each course there was only one component to the dish. We had gone there expecting Michelin dining but the food was some way from that. However for the setting, the service , the price and the boat trip to & from the island, it is well worth going to for a special & romantic meal.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Historic Octopus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Classy restuarant beautifully situated in Pescatori

As Michael Winner would say the Octopus was 'historic'.

Visited April 2013
Rochford, England, United Kingdom
“The most amazing dining experience I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I count the evening I visited this restaurant as one of the most memorable nights of my life so far. I read on trip advisor before we went that dinner one night on isola Pescatori is a must for the fresh fish and the feeling that you are the only ones on the island. Well, we asked at our hotel reception before we went on a day trip to Pescatori how we booked to have dinner there and the receptionist recommended ristorante casabella. Luckily we discovered it was michelin starred and made sure we saved our money for it.

Being collected by water taxi for a start is a lovely experience. Once we arrived We were given the front table for two on the upstairs terrace with the most stunning views across the water to the mainland whilst the sun set. We went for the set menu at around 100 euros for two inc wine which for a Michelin star restaurant isn't bad (so I'm told!) We ate things we never would have normally chosen and absolutely loved it. The food is incredible! The service was also excellent , our waitress was so attentive and quite a character too!

The combination of amazing food and one of the most beautiful settings imaginable made this a magical and unforgettable evening. I even told my boyfriend that it's the kind of place I could imagine being proposed to at, it's THAT romantic. Go see for yourself. I have no idea how anyone can give this place less than 5 stars.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta GA
“Lovely place - slightly disappointed in the fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We took the boat from Stresa to Isola Pescatori where we had a lunch reservation at Casa Bella. The hostess greeted us warmly and hung our coats. We were given the table we requested by the window with beautiful lake views, and the waitress was helpful with adjusting the shutters as the Sun moved. I started with an unusual cheese torte with honey and chestnut - very tasty. My husband had a wonderful rissotto for his main course. The other fellow and I both had lake perch, but didn't care for it. I had it on our previous visit and loved it - this time it was too thick and not delicate. Our friend had pork and cabbage. We would definitely visit again if we are in the area. It is a special experience.

• Visited January 2013