Stayed here for a weekend away, a very quiet location five minutes away from Pembury Village and a fifteen minute drive from Tunbridge Wells. On arrival we went to the reception desk only to find the receptionist eating and applying her make-up, however she promptly came to greet us; albeit bare footed we could only laugh really.
Our room was situated on the second floor of the hotel and we had a nice view of the courtyard/garden, the room itself was spacious and clean - bed comfortable, plenty of towels, clean bathroom.
As it was fairly late in the evening we decided to eat in the bar area, we were served by a lovely young gentleman, very polite and attentive, he brought us our drinks to our table and took our food order at the table. I ordered the signature soup (french onion) which was absolutely delicious, followed by the fillet steak - cooked to perfection, while my partner had a fig salad, followed by a blue cheese burger - he was also a very happy bunny!
In the morning we decided to have a look around the swimming pool area, greeted by a very friendly member of staff, had a little bit of a joke with us and made us feel very welcome, the pool is medium sized and there is a jacuzzi, suana and a steam room, perfect for a relaxing morning.
We tried to go into the restaurant that evening but the restaurant manager said they were fully booked and we should eat at the bar. Although we did hear a waitress mentioning there were free tables round the corner as we were walking away. Had yet another lovely evening in the bar, the bar staff fantastic and a rather jolly waiter making friendly conversation with us, telling us stories and making us feel at home.
We will definitely be staying again, and would like to congratulate the hotel on the friendly atmosphere created by some of the staff, you can really sense that there's a family feeling between them.
- Laura H
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, ACCOR and Venere so you can book your Mercure Tunbridge Wells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Tunbridge Wells Hotel Pembury
- Ramada Hotel Tunbridge Wells
- Ramada Royal Tunbridge Wells
- Royal Tunbridge Wells Ramada
- Mercure Tunbridge Wells Pembury, Royal Tunbridge Wells