We have used Mercure hotels many times and it's rare for me to leave a slightly critical review.
On arrival this looked a lovely hotel, entrance foyer is unique. Our room was on the ground floor and well situated, quiet, clean (apart from a large cobweb behind the door), very comfortable bed and the normal Mercure items.
Our showerhead was awful, leaking badly and shooting water over the floor causing a large puddle. We asked if this could be replaced and was told there is no maintenance on at weekends !!! After asking a couple of times Vickie on reception very kindly resorted to changing it herself ( thank you Vickie) .When our room was cleaned the next morning our soaking bathmat that we had used to mop up the water was hung back on the side of the bath to reuse !
We used the pool, sauna and Jacuzzi ( steam room wasn't working ) all clean, warm and satisfactory.
Then came dinner - no ambiance, staff pleasant ( I heard the waiter saying he was actually a porter !) food mediocre. It was pork or beef carvery alternative was pasta. My husband had the pork while I opted for the beef. It was awful - fatty, extremely rare, chewy - I had to pull it apart as it wouldn't cut. I struggled through it as no other choices ( I have dietary issues so couldn't have the pork or pasta ). Yorkshire puddings were soggy but vegetables fine. Some people refused to eat it and changed for pork while others were having a moan.
Breakfast was acceptable, although staff were busy the Sunday and our plates were whisked away before we had hardly finished.
We were out all day Saturday having had a long journey decided on a quiet nightcap. There was a party going on in the function room behind the bar area rendering the bar very noisy with no where to escape to. Thank goodness our room was away from it and quiet.
This could be a great hotel, staff are friendly and do their best but management lets it down. Maybe they should take a trip up the road to the efficiently run Maidstone Mercure for a few tips..Sadly we won't be using Pembury again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, Agoda, Venere, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Tunbridge Wells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Tunbridge Wells Hotel Pembury
- Ramada Hotel Tunbridge Wells
- Ramada Royal Tunbridge Wells
- Royal Tunbridge Wells Ramada
- Mercure Tunbridge Wells Pembury, Royal Tunbridge Wells