“Very comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Inn   |   Market Street, East Harling NR16 2AD, England   |
Ranked #4 of 4 East Harling B&B and Inns
“Very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We only booked this place because friends did for a track day at Snetterton as we normally shy away from B&Bs when we need to be refreshed for an early start - we have done enough years of 'quirky'

This place has a new part of the building and the rooms are excellent for the money. Clean, comfortable and warm.

The beer in the pub/restaurant is excellently kept and I loved the Southwold bitter. Food is none too shabby either. We ate as a foursome and the bill was just less than £100 for all four of us with a starter and a main each and all drinks.

In the morning, the owner/manager was let down by her breakfast staff who didn't turn up and as we were on a tight schedule, we left hungry. She was apologetic and took £10 of each room bill.

Nevertheless, we will be returning next time we're at Snetterton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Belper, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The pub is in a very small village. The front look likes an old fashioned village pub, however the inside is a lot bigger and very contemporary.

The room was a good size with a good size en suite and a good TV.

The food in the restaurant is excellent, very fresh. The breakfast was the highlight, pre-ordered the evening before.

My room was above were the smokers pollute the atmosphere and were quite noisy until the pub closed, not to bad.

Phone reception was also an issue, but not the Hotels fault.

Room Tip: Eat at the restaurant downstairs....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I were staying at a local campsite for a long weekend, and on the Sunday decided we wanted to enjoy dinner in a local pub. Although the George and Dragon didn't advertise a Sunday roast on their internet menu, we chose to go here anyway. We were very pleasantly surprised when we walked into the pub to see that a carvery was available. I have to say, it was one of, if not the best pub carvery's I have ever eaten - absolutely delicious! There was a choice of beef, pork and turkey (or all three if you fancied!) with a variety of sides and absolutely scrummy crackling! I understand the pub has been recently refurbished and very tastefully so too. The dinner was a little on the pricier side (£10 for the carvery), but in my opinion well worth it. When we camp in Thetford Forest next time, we will definately be visiting the Goerge & Dragon for Sunday lunch (and maybe other meals!) again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tonbridge, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

A friend and I stayed during a recent golfing trip, I was hoping for an adequate little place just to get some sleep every night but the place exceeded my expectations in every way.
There are 4 room, each with en suite bathroom. Tea and coffee facilities are provided but if you do run out the staff are more than happy to top them up for you (even going as far as to let me know where the supplies were kept if we needed anything!).
Excellent breakfast with plenty of choice. You need to order it the night before but this is fine for me. We had our three evening meals in the bar/restaurant downstairs and have to say that the food was excellent.
The staff were incredibly accommodating and always greeted you with a smile on their faces. Nothing was too much trouble for them, we could have ordered breakfast for any time between about 5.00 and 9.00 am!
Overall a very nice place to stay, and if I were travelling to the area again I would have no hesitation in booking another few nights.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed in the G&D for three nights with my wife. The G&D is wonderful value for money. The accommodation is contemporary styled with four en-suite bedrooms. The whole place has had a recent refit and everything is spot on. The beds are very comfortable.
Breakfast is excellent. We also eat two evening meals at the G&D while staying. Again the food is excellent with a very good menu covering everything from Steak to bangers and mash!
Would definitely stay again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed for two nights on business recently, the accommodation and service at The George and Dragon was beyond my expectations. The staff are friendly and very welcoming they make the place what it is, a great pub with good accommodation and excellent food. I will most definitely stay again when I’m in the area and have already recommended it to my colleagues.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

great pub and good accomodation food was excellent. staff very friendly. would definately stay again had a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The George & Dragon? Share your experiences!