Stayed for one night in the Treehouse.
The Treehouse is nicely designed, comfortable and clean, with a stunning view of the waterfalls. The bathroom was compact but worked fine.
Watch out for the insects in the evening. Also, the path from the main hotel premises to the Treehouse isn't very well lit. When we were walking to the restaurant for dinner, a sambar deer crossed our path. We could only see a large shadow cross us because of the darkness. On the way back, we asked a staff member to accompany us with a torch. He then told us that a leopard had been spotted very close to the hotel, so we spent a few hours panicking about that!
The hotel can organize activities such as bird watching, a guided tour of the Athirapally Waterfalls and a jeep safari. We took the tour of the Athirapally Waterfalls, which was quite good.
The staff were generally very helpful and service was good. The food was average. Breakfast was buffet style with Keralan and western options. The lunch and dinner menus were very limited, but the chef is happy to cook upon request (for example, the only non-vegetarian dish on the dinner menu was prawns, and we requested chicken because of allergy issues). Surprisingly, they didn't have coconut water! We did, however, find it just down the road outside the hotel.
The hotel should put a bigger sign outside the gate, which is easier to spot while driving.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay, and the Treehouse made our holiday quite unique.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- May we introduce our new property 'Rainforest' a boutique resort located at the foot of the Athirapally waterfalls. Perched on the edge of the luxurious wilderness of the Sholayar Range, Rainforest is a never before experience in nature holidays, offering you the perfect getaway for a weekend of natural delight. Within the breathtaking embrace of the deep forests, a rich and diverse flora & fauna abounds. While some of the species actually live on Rainforest property, others make it a point to pay an occasional visit. Behold the spectacular view of the crashing 80 ft waterfalls from any and every suite at 'Rainforest.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Rainforest Resort Athirapally Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainforest Resort Athirapally Falls Hotel Thrissur
- Rainforest Hotel Kerala
- Rainforest Hotel Athirapally Falls