Words only begin to describe the experience Echo Valley offers, felt strangely like coming home. The staff were gracious and hospitable, treating you like an old family friend rather than a stuffy guest. the room had a gorgeous view and was clean and fresh, many private deck spots to be enjoyed on nice days that attach to the various buildings, mostly classically Thai inspired timber frame, west coast meets the far east, with the horses and team of sheepdogs that complete the picture. There is also a large heard of beef grazing about on the hillsides and pastures, gorgeous animals that seem remarkably happy, seems like they have it made to me.
The food was phenomenal throughout the stay, from the freshly made to order breakfast to the gorgeous fresh local salmon, we enjoyed every bite
Despite the long drive in it is worth the trip, plan to stay longer than you had thought, the morning horseback rides or hiking trails are always waiting for one more day without your cellphone in service...the quiet of the rolling grass hills is incredible. I even found wild juniper berries growing on the hillside, that fresh scent will forever remind me of the wonderful people and incredible place that is Echo Valley. A must visit for anyone who enjoys horses and true wilderness setting, with all the comforts of a modern hotel and spa, impressed with everything they had to offer and would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 'cowboy country' above the Fraser River in BC's scenic Cariboo Region, Echo Valley Ranch & Spa entices those seeking a restorative sojourn, as well as those looking for a higher-octane activity. Whether your idea of heaven is a trail ride through rolling hills, a 4x4 wildlife safari, or a day at the spa, at Echo Valley guests find harmony and rejuvenation. The fusion of eastern and western influences is best seen at the spa, where both western massage and Thai treatments soothe muscles and mind; while dining options encompass dishes from east and west, fuelled by produce from the ranch livestock and kitchen garden. Activities also include hiking, bird watching and fly-fishing, as well as trips to white water rafting. Winter options range from snowshoeing to ice fishing and snowmobiling. Echo Valley is an idyllic spot for weddings and elopements, and caters to meetings and retreats for corporate groups. Flying into the ranch's private runway is one way to arrive; the ranch is also accessible with a scenic five hour drive from Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, T4B and Hotels.com so you can book your Echo Valley Ranch & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echo Valley Ranch Hotel Jesmond
- Echo Valley Ranch And Spa
- Echo Valley Hotel
- Echo Valley Resort
- Echo Valley Ranch & Spa Canada/British Columbia - Jesmond